T5 Led flickers once and off.

AquaticJamaica

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally set up My aquatic life t5 led hybrid and one side fully works and the other side doesn't. When I flip the bulbs the side that no longer works worked and the side that originally worked doesn't. Does that mean the problem is a bulb? The light literally flickers a slight orange and then turns off.

CJS80

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it sounds like a bulb. Take 1 bulb out of the side that is working and try 1 bulb at a time from the other side to determine which bulb it is.

OP
OP
A

AquaticJamaica

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've narrowed down to the actinic. If I purchased it from BRS Should i contact them?

PDR

<°)))>{
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS should take care of you no problem. Just let them know what happened and they should send you out a new bulb.

BrianReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just had a bad ATI actinic bulb for my 48” fixture last week. BRS was great and had a replacement to me in a few days and all was well. Give them a call.

Cook

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having the same problem with my T5 Hybrid fixture, whichever side I put the coral plus bulb, it stops working. I believe that it is the ATI Coral Plus bulb as neither side of my fixtures will light it. I bought another Coral plus bulb tonight from a LFS and it is the same problem. AquaticJamaica, what was your resolution? I doubt that I have two bad bulbs?

Last edited:

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having the same problem with my T5 Hybrid fixture, whichever side I put the coral plus bulb, it stops working. I believe that it is the ATI Coral Plus bulb as neither side of my fixtures will light it. I bought another one tonight from a LFS and it is the same problem. AquaticJamaica, what was your resolution? I doubt that I have two bad bulbs?

Could be a bad ballast or internal switch. Call aquatic life at 888-548-3480. 10:00am to 2:30pm Monday through Friday, pacific time.

Cook

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sent aquatic life an email before I posted here, since it was after hours for them. In the meantime, I tested the bulbs with a multimeter. Both bulbs are good. The resistance of the Coral Plus bulb is higher than the Blue Plus, I don't know if that means anything. I'm anxious to get this light mounted this weekend, but it looks like I will have to wait.

Cook

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As un update to what I experienced, the third Coral Plus replacement bulb I got solved the failure to light problem. So, two bad ATI bulbs from two different sources. Kudos to Aquatic Life who responded to my email super fast.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back