T5 question

Kigs!

zoa santa
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For a tank dimension of 29.5 x 22.5 x 19.5(h)'', how many bulbs would you guys recommend, 6 or 8? It will be a mixed reef consisting of LPS, zoas, clams, sps etc. Any help would be apprecieated, I'm having hard time choosing between an Infiniti 250W MH w/ 4 T5s fixture or the ATI 6 bulbs fixture.

OP
OP
Kigs!

Kigs!

zoa santa
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
could you guys clarify why? I'm somewhat of a newbie when it comes to T5s. I would miss the shimmer effect, but I've seen great colors wether it be crayon color or not, and there does not seem to be much difference in growth rate. Also not to mention some help on my electrical bill...:)

Anyway, my original question for the T5 users out there, 6 or 8?

OP
OP
Kigs!

Kigs!

zoa santa
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've gotten so used to MH that I guess I'm still somewhat skeptical of T5s and their true potential. I keep feeling like I should go with as many as possible...lol. I'll be going with 6 bulbs then, thanks Anthony

OP
OP
Kigs!

Kigs!

zoa santa
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol that's the exact fixture I was looking at. I simply love the design and the fact that it has individual reflectors. I haven't heard too much about their cooling capabilities however. I know that with Tek and Aquatinics, many had to utilize an external fan to cool it down, I wonder if it will be the same with the ATI?

Last edited:

Hopkins

Team Awesome
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to light my 150 with 6 - 60" ATI T5s.

72x24x20

3 bulbs on each Icecap 660. Bulbs will be staggered so it covers the whole tank. I don't plan on having SPS, but I will be able to keep them if I wanted. 60" bulbs are 80w, but the 660 overdrives it to around 105w.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 61 43.0%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 69 48.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.5%
Back