T5 Retrofit advice

  • Thread starter Thread starter mbs
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mbs

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 27, 2014
Messages
9
Reaction score
7
Location
Sacramento/Los Angeles
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm putting together a t5 retrofit for an acro frag tank--24w t5's around a hydra52 hd. The frag tank is 30 x 20 x 12, the retrofit will be mounted in a floating canopy. I've bought the hydra and a 2-T5 retrofit from BRS, and I basically have 2 questions.

1) Should I add another 2-bulb retrofit, for a total of 4 bulbs? I obviously don't need more light, I just am looking for a balanced T5/Led look, shadow prevention, etc. Will 2 T5's give me good supplementation, or should I spring for 4?

2) Anyone have any convincing bulb combo arguments? I've bought a coral plus and a blue plus so far.

Thanks for any input.
-Morgan
 
I would go with 4 to give the extra color combos. If you find 4 too many just remove 2 bulbs.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new