T5 to supplement Radion?

  • Thread starter Thread starter JurisHP
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JurisHP

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 15, 2008
Messages
186
Reaction score
13
Location
Philadelphia, PA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need some lighting advice: I've got a 180g tank (72x24x24) with a canopy that has 3 Radion xr30 pros hanging from the canopy. I want to supplement my Radions with a T5 fixture or fixtures. Any suggestions? I'm concerned about T5 fixture placement (my tank has a plastic strip one on the left and the other on the right from front to back where I can rest things on like scrapers, etc.).
 
I'm going your route. Have 2 Xr 30 pros gen 3 with 2 xr15 pro gen 3. I'm adding a 4 bulb ATI system. I also have been wondering why would be the best way to place them. T5s in front or behind the LED. My tank is just like yours only 30 wide.
 
I have my Radion's on the back and my Aquaticlife Quad T5HOs in the front. I'm running 3x ATI Blue+ and 1x Coral+. Great coverage and the T5s fill in the tank from the LED shadows.
 
c1c415a1a73a4bac71fa6ce5d70eccee.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new