T5ho par

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a chart or guideline diagram with a 8 bulb 54watt t5ho fixture comparing height and depth ?

Curious without renting a par meter a general idea what par could be at different depths

this would depend on what bulbs were used ?

A. grandis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, it would depend on what bulbs are used.
Don't worry about PAR using your T5s. It's totally safe!
Even if you use the highest PAR you could provide with T5s, adapting the corals accordingly, it will be safe to a certain distance! Common sense!
The ways you can apply to adapt your corals include placing the fixture higher and bringing it down slowly, or turning the lights on for less hours in the beginning, and gradually increasing the hours to the desired final photoperiod.
When changing bulbs you can change 2 at a time every week.
T5s are the safest way to light a reef tank.
PAR alone should never be the guide for what your corals should receive fom any light source anyway.
Enjoy your tank!

OP
OP
Rmckoy

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, it would depend on what bulbs are used.
Don't worry about PAR using your T5s. It's totally safe!
Even if you use the highest PAR you could provide with T5s, adapting the corals accordingly, it will be safe to a certain distance! Common sense!
The ways you can apply to adapt your corals include placing the fixture higher and bringing it down slowly, or turning the lights on for less hours in the beginning, and gradually increasing the hours to the desired final photoperiod.
When changing bulbs you can change 2 at a time every week.
T5s are the safest way to light a reef tank.
PAR alone should never be the guide for what your corals should receive fom any light source anyway.
Enjoy your tank!
Thank you ...

I never worried about par but all the reading . I was curious if there was a rough chart to give a idea

A. grandis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you ...

I never worried about par but all the reading . I was curious if there was a rough chart to give a idea
As you may know, PAR reading will shift with the type of PAR meter used, distance from bulbs, use of reflectors, background color, surface agitation from water movement, etc... Too many variables. The best way is to get a meter and play around after you choose your bulbs. Like I've said... not that important at all when using most T5s we normally use.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 32 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back