Tag Your It - lets play along

danangelo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys.... Sorry I haven't had a chance to get my post into this great thread! Been working some long hours at work. Appreciate the kind words from Zesty!
Here's a single shot of my 240. I will give my update this evening / late night when I get home. :).

Great looking reef beautiful colors

Bubblewood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 240 - Reef

Well finally able to keep this thread moving. Again sorry for the delay. I would like to say Thanks to Zesty for the nominating my tank to these awesome Reef's! Not even sure if mine should be here.
So here it goes.... I have 2 Reef tanks primarily SPS setups. I have a 120 Reef Savvy which is all SPS with several fish including black tang, many Anthias, copper band BF to name a few.....but my show piece is my 240 gal tank. I always wanted a "built in" Reef viewable from 3 sides. So this setup is just that. It's fully encased in marble from Italy. I also didn't want to see any water lines at all when viewed from any direction. It also serves as a room divider from our master bedroom and living room area.
Here's the specs.
- 60"x36"24" glass box
- Dual overflow boxes
- 75gal sump with fug
- (2) 300 watt heaters
- SWC 240 skimmer
- 40 watt UV sterilizer
- (2) Nextreef MR1 XL reactors / Carbon & GFO
- GHL doser
- Full Apex setup with all the bells and whistles
- 50 gal RO top off setup via Apex
- 5 stage RODI setup. Remote location all plumbed into the main tank for water changes
- 1Hp Corallife chiller
- (4) MP-40s
- (2) 250 watt MH 20k Ushio
- (4) 4' ATI T5 (2) actinic / (2) B+
- (1) 60" Reefbrite (Blue)
- (3) Kessil (2) 150 - (1) 350
I think I have everything covered on the equipment side.

Testing equipment is the following:
- Hanna (ALK, Phos)
- Red Sea for the basics
- Salifert as backups.

Live stock is 28 different fish from tangs, triggers, Anthias, Hawkfish, clowns, Blennies, Gobies, Wrasses and many more.
Inverts - Many Shrimp, Urchins, Starfish, and your typical CUC.
Corals don't even know where to start. I have everything from Zoas, LPS, Chalices, and my favorite SPS. I currently have over 60 different SPS species. I just wish I knew all the names of them. Sorry... Love the challenge of growing them and watching all the incredible colors shine thru.

Enough about the hardware...On to the pictures. The first few was back in the beginning of time.
Enjoy!

Current pics... about 2 months ago my center section collapsed due to weight and over growth. So the Reef was reshaped.

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow nice tank and great pics! Thanks for contributing to the thread.

Did I miss who you tagged to be next?

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very impressive. Those colonies are huge. Hopefully one day I'll be able to take a picture half as nice. Thank you for sharing your tank.

OP
OP
afamousjohnson

afamousjohnson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang bubblewood - that is some sweet stuff! Love the beast tank divider idea - I bet that is awesome!! Thanks for sharing.

Lonelyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it figures bubblewood would set me up for failure here. So before I list my tank specs a little info. I transfered every thing from my old tank an 80 rimless deep blue to my current tank and in the process I caught some devil algae and have been fighting that off this new tank is only about 3 months old so it's far from stable but I still have high hopes that it will come into something beautiful after all in this hobby all good things take time. I'm finally seeing some coraline algae and my corals are getting there color back. I went from an 8 bulb ati t5 fixture to a single 250 watt radium mh so it's not beautiful yet but in another 3 months I expect it to make the swing.

So 93 cube with 2 aqua-x returns
Sro-3000 skimmer
Biopellet reactor
ghl doser not yet running until I get things stable
Cheap aqueon return pump since my second dc pump failed
2 mp 10s hoping to shortly to to the gyre flow think that's my problem with the algae is not enough flow
Sump is a 50 gallon long
Ran by an apex

Few pics
20141018_203839_zpsvsltsfdx.jpg

20141018_203945_zps3uhpdmyk.jpg

Lonelyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure I can tag a vendor but I'd love to see a pic of battlecorals system. :) he always has such awesome stuff id love to see a full shot of that. If not I'm gunna have to just pick a random one from the site and hope for the best

OP
OP
afamousjohnson

afamousjohnson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice lonelyreef - man I love cubes.

I say send him a message and see if hes down to play - that would be sweet. If not than ya move on to the next until a response is made back. Thanks for sharing!

Lonelyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appreciate the kind words but its no where near what it will be once the rocks not green i regret not curing my rock like i should have but i will get it

zesty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appreciate the kind words but its no where near what it will be once the rocks not green i regret not curing my rock like i should have but i will get it

How do you like the aqua-x's? Are they worth the price tag? Brian was telling me that you have them on your system and he's had good results with them.

Lonelyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the aqua x because its very quiet the more flow u pump threw it the more ocilating effect it creates

fishroomlady

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very nice tanks bubblewood and lonely. Bubblewood - very impressive tank and pictures. Lonely - I know the algaes - ugh - the cube is amazing.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back