tail spot wrasse , would it be good in my tank?

EDM

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive been talking about getting another medium sized wrasse(after the loss of my canaries , one to cat and one to just vanishing(for 4 months) , and after some research i think this type would be good in my tank as its peaceful and wont cause strife, and will be pleasant to the eyes, while controlling any "worm" infestation i may have or get. (i used to have bad fire and bristle worms till i used a pacific blue spiny lobster to clean that issue up, he passed on about a year or two ago)

my tank info is at the bottom of the post (my tank in members section)

looking at getting a :Tail-spot Wrasse - Halichoeres melanurus

p-80626-hoevens-wrasse2.jpg

Tank info :

https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/member-tanks/163004-edm-tank.html

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd agree in being a good choice, love mine and fits in well. In your system it should be able to handle the Sixline Wrasse alright. Mine was accepted by all but my Blochii Tang for some reason and thought he would kill it for the first few days. All good now and is an active member of my fish stuffed Reef.

Cheers, Todd

OP
OP
EDM

EDM

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@TG's reef
do you think my dejardins tang will have any issues? or my male square-back anthias? (female morphing into male, as i had twi females , he/she is in Mid morph)

@evolved
yes, the only reason my canary got out was because i had removed my protective glass so that i could get in and clean the tank, and while cleaning the skulls , cat had jumped at tank, causing female to "jump out" and then be ....eaten by said cat

if your worried about my polyps/corals no need , i used a refraction/dissipation analysis, to cut down on loss of the frequency of the light my LED's outputs, also placed corals in proper distance from light to minimize loss point and have effective light range . this was a custom order/cut glass that was cut for my tank.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 37.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%

Back