Tailspot blenny diet?

Echo2656

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am thinking about getting a tailspot blenny for my 20 gallon and I have heard that they mostly eat a herbivore diet eating like algae flakes and grazing on algae in the tank. But I have also heard they will go for carnivore flakes and frozen brine or mysis. What should I feed mine if I get it?

LeannaBanana

Fishies and Frenchies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine loves picking at algae on the live rock, but I also offer a minimal offering of flakes 1x daily AM, and Brine or Mysis shrimp (I rotate) 1x PM.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am thinking about getting a tailspot blenny for my 20 gallon and I have heard that they mostly eat a herbivore diet eating like algae flakes and grazing on algae in the tank. But I have also heard they will go for carnivore flakes and frozen brine or mysis. What should I feed mine if I get it?
Just a heads up, Escenius is a rather known genus of blennies that will potentially eat coral (Specifically SPS).

Lyss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine has nipped at and killed every SPS frag I've ever put in my tank for sure. He also stripped the stalk of a Duncan and that one eventually died, too. All other LPS and softies have been fine.

I feed my guy Easy Mastick and he loves that. Aside from that he'll eat ROE, and he picks at the rocks all day long.

I'm very attached to mine for sentimental reasons, but if I had to do it over I would only have one of them in a tank I planned to be mostly softies and maybe a few LPS.

vtecintegra

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two that pick at the rock. I feed fish eggs, mysis, plankton, and krill. Not sure what they like best, but they look fat. I do know they like TDO Chromaboost that I also feed sporadically.

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine like ROE and TDO Chromaboost small pellets--and medium pellets that are supposed to be for the firefish, but it's funny when TSB goes for it and doesn't know what to do with such a large pellet! Also picks at the rocks all day. Pods have vanished from my glass, too.

OP
OP
Echo2656

Echo2656

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine like ROE and TDO Chromaboost small pellets--and medium pellets that are supposed to be for the firefish, but it's funny when TSB goes for it and doesn't know what to do with such a large pellet! Also picks at the rocks all day. Pods have vanished from my glass, too.
I have two that pick at the rock. I feed fish eggs, mysis, plankton, and krill. Not sure what they like best, but they look fat. I do know they like TDO Chromaboost that I also feed sporadically.
Thank you, I will try some of these w/ mine.

Back