Tailspot Blenny not eating

Budman93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys. Added a tailspot blenny to my 40g aio. Love him so far lots of character. However I cannot get him to eat no matter what I try. I have tried feeding nori, mysis, pellets, and mysis soaked in garlic. Nothing. He is however very active and ive seen him nibbling on the rocks. With my tank being only a little over a month old though there doesnt visually appear to be much algae on the rocks. I have some different pellets ill try tomorrow but as of right now I'm not sure what to do. I've had him since Thursday night.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ask what the shop was feeding him, and also try other frozen foods such as cyclops, pods, fish eggs, grated frozen clams etc

reeefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fwiw mine will eat frozen mysis or the liquid reef nutrition arcti pods. No luck with dry. Also eats algae off rocks all day which must amount to something.

OP
OP
Budman93

Budman93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fwiw mine will eat frozen mysis or the liquid reef nutrition arcti pods. No luck with dry. Also eats algae off rocks all day which must amount to something.
Yeah i noticed him eating diatoms off the glass today. Just doesnt seem like enough to sustain him longterm but maybe it is?

OP
OP
Budman93

Budman93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a follow up for future searchers he is doing absolutely fine by the huge turds i see him popping out all the time. :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

Seems to be good with just diatoms and a bit of green hair algae that hitchiked on a couple frags. Does a great job holding that off. Also these guys hate moderate/high flow. I dialled mine back because i bought a pygmy filefish who was getting thrown around and now i see him out all the time grazing all over the tank.

Back