Taking fish from the ocean??

  • Thread starter Thread starter isaacfish
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Been catching marine ornamental fish for many years down in south Florida. Brevard county is 3-4 hrs north with not as much reef diversity as down here. I used to catch queen, and French angel juveniles, but stopped many years ago, not really good reef aquarium fish. What I still do collect and have several pairs at home are neon gobies. In the state of Florida, all we need is a fishing license and follow the regulations under ornamental fish and inverts. Many people don’t know, but zoanthids and coralimorphs( mushrooms ) are fair harvest within regulations.
 
Wow did you read the replies. I guess not because most of them said check local laws.

I just re-looked, thinking I was off - nope!

1st reply says no, no, heck no, 2nd reply says its a felony, 4th reply says its a gray area - all statement are wrong.
 
That's an equivalent of telling somebody go read a book when they post a question here.
Well nobody knows all the laws and it wise to tell them to read the laws.



second post is saying no you can't just go take fish out of the ocean it's regulated with licenses. You failed to read the whole post.

Third is a little more vague but taking with out a license prob is. I don't know because I don't live in FL and I don't try to collect from the ocean.
 
Last edited:
Well nobody knows all the laws and it wise to tell them to read the laws.


First post is saying no you can't just go take fish out of the ocean it's regulated with licenses. You failed to read the whole post.

But than again you do watch Oprah

Oprah thing is old, come up with something new please.
 
Well at least you do remember the reference. And it still fits.
I'm sorry I shouldn't have put that in there. My apologies. It wasn't civil and right. I removed it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new