Taking pictures of fish

NeptuneRjo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you take pictures of your fast fish that never sit still? I've been trying to get a picture of my pygmy angel on my phone with little success. Any advice?

Ding2daDong

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I'm assuming you're using a point-and-shoot camera or cell-phone camera. With these sometimes it's best to just plan to take a ton of pictures and find the right ones that are focused. Could take 100-200 pictures and only get one decent one. Also some people will take a video and stop it and screen shot it. This usually is not as good quality of the picture alone. I hope that helps.

Ewok1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TAKE A VIDEO! You can show all your friends your fishy swimming around!

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to get phone cameras to focus as fast as well as to freeze the movement
Best is to use a DSLR and for fast fish i add a flash as well to freeze motion.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try recording a video, and then pause it when the target fish is in focus, screen shot, save the photo, done.

Option 2 that works as well is taking a small chunk of rock, and a chunk of frozen food, rubber band it to the rock, and let it sink. Make sure to drop the food rock in a good area for u to focus in , proper lighting, lower flow, etc... once the fish start hovering and pecking, take as many photos as u can and sift through them later. Hopefully you will have a few good ones to choose from.

Good luck!

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only way I have ever even come close to taking a picture of a fish is with my husbands camera and a tripod on a fast speed setting. He sets the camera up, I just click randomly. I got a couple today, but they are not that good. Good luck!

dottyback.jpg kupang.jpg tang 3in.jpg

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back