Taking pictures of fish

NeptuneRjo

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 23, 2019
Messages
200
Reaction score
157
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you take pictures of your fast fish that never sit still? I've been trying to get a picture of my pygmy angel on my phone with little success. Any advice?
 
Well I'm assuming you're using a point-and-shoot camera or cell-phone camera. With these sometimes it's best to just plan to take a ton of pictures and find the right ones that are focused. Could take 100-200 pictures and only get one decent one. Also some people will take a video and stop it and screen shot it. This usually is not as good quality of the picture alone. I hope that helps.
 
TAKE A VIDEO! You can show all your friends your fishy swimming around!
 
Hard to get phone cameras to focus as fast as well as to freeze the movement
Best is to use a DSLR and for fast fish i add a flash as well to freeze motion.
 
Try recording a video, and then pause it when the target fish is in focus, screen shot, save the photo, done.

Option 2 that works as well is taking a small chunk of rock, and a chunk of frozen food, rubber band it to the rock, and let it sink. Make sure to drop the food rock in a good area for u to focus in , proper lighting, lower flow, etc... once the fish start hovering and pecking, take as many photos as u can and sift through them later. Hopefully you will have a few good ones to choose from.

Good luck!
 
Only way I have ever even come close to taking a picture of a fish is with my husbands camera and a tripod on a fast speed setting. He sets the camera up, I just click randomly. I got a couple today, but they are not that good. Good luck!

dottyback.jpg kupang.jpg tang 3in.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new