Taking tank pictures... HOW??

Nanoclowndave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
7BA275D6-BA49-4BC8-BCF2-943D6480D43F.jpeg
I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to take pictures of my tank! :D Whenever I try they come out like this. I know this picture has heavy blue on because it’s in a sunset cycle, but even my daylight pictures come out funky. I just want to share good pictures of my little slice of the reef but I can’t seem to get any. I was wondering if someone had some ideas? I have an iPhone 8 and I know using a better camera would obviously give better pictures (duh) but I want to know if anyone ya any tricks for the iPhone 8. I love my little reef and I want to share it!

Nate77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if the iphone has a "pro" mode on yhe camera or not ,but if you can find a white balance setting in your camera settings play around with tha.

Dmsick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't get very good results with the aquarium app. I have found the Polyplab filters to be really good and make a huge difference. The pictures look like what my eyes see. There is a whole subforum on here dedicated to aquarium photography and a good thread on getting the best pics with your phone.

samnaz

Earthling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't mess with any apps, I just turn the whites up on my LEDs. I guess it depends what kind of light you're working with, also what you're taking pictures with.

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The aquarium cam app works pretty good.. it takes some playing around with gel filters and white balance to get the desired effect and also it seems to help if your phone/camera is pointed at tank before you open the app.. not perfect but I get ok results with it.

iPad pic..

241B8034-508C-4C1B-BA20-95345455BE69.jpeg

iPad with aquarium app..

D7535781-A917-46E9-AD15-C76C0292FD07.jpeg

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get pretty good results with an app called Snapseed. Import your picture, go to tune image and change warmth to +100 to remove blues. Change saturation to -25 (or whichever value looks best for your picture). Changes the entire look of the picture while maintaining the true colors of the coral.

SurfLife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will drive yourself crazy trying to get the iphone to give you the results you desire. Had the 8plus and now the X trying to get the lighting right. Even with a few different filters including the one from polylabs the X just could not get the lighting/colors right. Was advised and got the Note 8. Using pro mode and filters it handles the lighting and colors (almost)perfectly. I have tried every app, filter and tutorial for the X and could not get close to what I was getting easily with the Note.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 13 23.2%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 23 41.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back