Talbot or Azure Damsel in a 12 gallon with a Firefish?

SauceyReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Fluval Evo 13.5. There is probably only really 12 gallons in the DT. My Pink Streaked wrasse recently jumped after a year when I left the lid a bit cracked off the top. I want to get another fish that will be out in the open a lot more, and something not so expensive / unavailable. I was thinking either a Talbot, or Azure Damsel. The firefish is well established in the tank, and has it's own PVC pipe house. I also have two very tiny masked gobies that have their own cave in the sand.

Think this could work? Not sure what other option of fish I have that aren't long/slender.

Nemo&Friends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not familiar with these 2 damsels but from what I read the Talbot being the less aggressive, I would pick that one. Make sure the damsel has a cave of her own and it should work.

OP
OP
SauceyReef

SauceyReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not familiar with these 2 damsels but from what I read the Talbot being the less aggressive, I would pick that one. Make sure the damsel has a cave of her own and it should work.
Yes, it also seems the Talbot stays a bit smaller! There should be ample room for spots to hide. With the firefish taking the PVC pipe, and the gobies taking the cave burrow it basically would have the entire rockwork.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 29 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 109 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.4%
Back