Talbot or Azure Damsel in a 13.5G with a Firefish?

SauceyReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Fluval Evo 13.5. There is probably only really 12 gallons in the DT. My Pink Streaked wrasse recently jumped after a year when I left the lid a bit cracked off the top. I want to get another fish that will be out in the open a lot more, and something not so expensive / unavailable. I was thinking either a Talbot, or Azure Damsel. The firefish is well established in the tank, and has it's own PVC pipe house. I also have two very tiny masked gobies that have their own cave in the sand.

Think this could work? Not sure what other option of fish I have that aren't long/slender.

vaguelyreeflike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An azure damsel will get very aggressive in that environment, I would personally go with a Talbot which are far more peaceful and only gets 2.5 inches.

Cardinals would be a good bet as well. Red spot cardinals are super interesting for nano set ups, and other species that stay under 2”.

OP
OP
SauceyReef

SauceyReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An azure damsel will get very aggressive in that environment, I would personally go with a Talbot which are far more peaceful and only gets 2.5 inches.

Cardinals would be a good bet as well. Red spot cardinals are super interesting for nano set ups, and other species that stay under 2”.
Oooo good suggestion I never thought of a cardinal! May be a better option. What is the smallest cardinal? I thought they got 3-4”

Fungusamongus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my Talbot. Always out and about. Super pretty and always looking for me. She is only aggressive at night when someone invades her hidey hole.

OP
OP
SauceyReef

SauceyReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 6 gallon Mantis Shrimp tank also (N.Wennerae) pretty small guy. I've had damsels in their tank before no problems. Wondering if one single talbot damsel can work in a 6 gallon?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 29 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 131 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 15 6.7%
Back