Tampa Bay Saltwater - A++++

RichWise73

Hi, I'm Rish!
View Badges
Joined
Nov 1, 2022
Messages
4,925
Reaction score
7,232
Location
Fawn Grove, PA
I ordered “The Package” for a nano reef tank I’m setting up. The order was shipped via Southwest Air Cargo this morning and arrived at my local airport in great shape. Both boxes were well packed and everything was contained within multiple bags.

Since my tank volume is only 10-gallons, TBS sent everything at once. I added the live sand, then base rock followed by the premium live rock. During this process, I acclimated the critters I received and added them to the tank last.

The rock is full of life. Every time I look in the tank, I see something new. There have been some good surprises such as a dimple clawed hermit and brittle stars. The biggest surprise has been some coral on one of the rocks.

I have also seen a gorilla crab and a whelk. I will get these out as soon as I’m able to. The benefits of the live sand and live rock far outweigh having any undesired hitchhikers.

I would definitely recommend TBS to anyone looking to add live rock to their existing reef or looking to start a reef with live rock. The amount of life on even the base rock is worth it.

IMG_5137.jpeg IMG_5130.jpeg IMG_5135.jpeg IMG_5133.jpeg
 
Over the past two nights, I have spotted a pistol shrimp, a small shrimp approximately 1/4" in length scurrying around on the rocks and what looked like a fleshy limpet. The water is crystal clear. Ammonia has been 0.25 the past two days and I performed water changes both days per the directions. So far, so good.
 
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new