CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received this message this morning from Richard:
Hi Michelle

I am done until there is a reliable vaccine and the environment is safe again. We are old......68 and 71...have lost friends to this and can’t risk any more exposure until it is safe again.

Been 45 years under and on the ocean and survived that so I want to be around to enjoy what is left.

Thanks for the good vibes!!!

Stay safe

Sea ya

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome. I hope they stay healthy and open back up some time this Summer. I've been planning on buying some live rock at some point and I'll probably be ready by then.

liverock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are on fire down here

• Florida is in the red zone for cases, indicating 101 or more new cases per 100,000 population, with the 41st highest rate in the country.
  • Florida is in the red zone for test positivity, indicating a rate at or above 10.1%, with the 33rd highest rate in the country.
  • Florida has seen stability in new cases, an increase in test positivity, and increasing hospitalizations and deaths, indicating unrelenting community spread and inadequate mitigation.

Auflyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is honestly heart breaking. I started a tank back in August with their live rock and it was amazing. We had fun finding new critters every day and every now and then still get surprised! Richard and Deb were a joy to communicate with, and had my order to me within 5 days of ordering. I truly hope they are ok and get back and running again. You can tell Richard loves doing what he does and has for many years. Here’s to hoping he and Deb get back to business soon!
-Stephen-

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is honestly heart breaking. I started a tank back in August with their live rock and it was amazing. We had fun finding new critters every day and every now and then still get surprised! Richard and Deb were a joy to communicate with, and had my order to me within 5 days of ordering. I truly hope they are ok and get back and running again. You can tell Richard loves doing what he does and has for many years. Here’s to hoping he and Deb get back to business soon!
-Stephen-
Agreed... I won't have the new tank until January. I'm wondering how many months I can put off the set up hoping this C-19 beast is put down and they come back online. I'd hate to see a business that they love so much go down for the count. It's up to the reefing community to support them now, as they supported us for years.

malacoda

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Florida coronavirus: State reports 19,816 new cases, breaking single-day increase record for 2nd day in a row​

Hopefully brighter and safer days are not too far ahead.

But if it does end up being the end of TBS, all I want to say to Richard (@liverock) and the TBS crew is thanks! The 'package' was awesome and made my first tank and foray into reef keeping an absolutely amazing, wonderous and unforgettable experience!

You 'rock' TBS!!!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 108 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back