tampa florida sps addicts

Shell

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saint Petersburg. Where can I get pods and looking for acro. Thank you.

Shell

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any acro or Zoan they want to sell?

Robthorn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Staple acros at HpCorals.
Bryan we need to talk. How are you acros doing these days? I am near some trading soon. Most things are growing well.

audikers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From Pinellas Park here. working on building my reef from scratch!

Robthorn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Audikers lmk if you are looking for decent priced nice acros. Between myself and a friend we can get you going. I am in Largo and so is my buddy Emmett of HP Corals.

audikers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Audikers lmk if you are looking for decent priced nice acros. Between myself and a friend we can get you going. I am in Largo and so is my buddy Emmett of HP Corals.

I actually would like to pick up some Acros for my tank. Right now I dont have any at all. I really like them, but my other half isnt a huge fan of them. I had heard they can be harder to grow. I have a LITTLE bit of everything started and wild zoas everywhere. lol. We bought a used tank from a guy that had been up and running for about 2 years, and there was all kinds of coral in it. So occasionally a new zoa will will appear randomly. We have had it for about a week and we are trying to learn as MUCH as possible as FAST as possible lol.

Robthorn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef Keeping. The first thing to learn is patience. The only thing that happens fast in this hobby is death. I don't mean to be a downer I just try to help by stating the truth as I know it.
If your tank was moved just a week ago it is not likely ready for sps yet. You could get lucky but its not worth the gamble in my opinion.

When your other half gets an eye on a few nice sps tanks he may just change his mind. :)

Manchild

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef Keeping. The first thing to learn is patience. The only thing that happens fast in this hobby is death. I don't mean to be a downer I just try to help by stating the truth as I know it.
If your tank was moved just a week ago it is not likely ready for sps yet. You could get lucky but its not worth the gamble in my opinion.

When your other half gets an eye on a few nice sps tanks he may just change his mind. :)

I tend to have little more expensive taste than she does :p. I came across a lot of nice sps from world wide coral in Orlando, however, they are VERY expensive frags. My biggest concern is parameters for maintaining sps, being we are new to reefing my biggest concern is having a stable tank and learning to maintain stable parameters.

Robthorn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome Manchild,

Having that thought is a good start. I have been trying to do that for 25 years. Easier said than done. Get good at testing, especially alk.

As for sps I would hold off until you prove to yourselves that you can maintain a clean tank for several months and that you can keep alk, cal, and mag somewhat stable without sps. Once you get hard corals things change rapidly and you start chasing your dosing.

No matter what anyone says there is no set and forget to dosing whether you are using liquid, powder or reactors. If you are doing it right you will always need to test and adjust.

Read books too. Many claim they can know it all by looking at a few websites but you can learn so much more from one easy spot by just reading a book.

ReeferMadness80G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been going to Matt from reef addicted for a year or so now. Dude knows how to grow SPS, I buy everything from him. Nice set up he's got now off drain field.

ptong

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm from Tampa here. Got a 220 G mix reef, with a 60 G sump. Tank been up for 4 months.

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm from Lakeland! I didn't know about Reef Addicted on Drane field road! Is it open to the public? Y'all just gave me hope that Lakeland may have an amazing place!

ReeferMadness80G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm from Lakeland! I didn't know about Reef Addicted on Drane field road! Is it open to the public? Y'all just gave me hope that Lakeland may have an amazing place!

eBay :reef addicted

and find his corals. Then message him, and y'all can set up a date where you can go see his shop. I'm not sure he's opened to the public yet but he does cater to experienced reefers now

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back