Tanakas Pygmy Wrasse

  • Thread starter Thread starter adromero
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

adromero

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 22, 2019
Messages
159
Reaction score
89
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had a pygmy wrasse in my 34 gal for about three months now. I also house two ocellaris, two zebra dartfish and a neon goby. In the past, I housed a red line wrasse (Christmas wrasse), but it jumped out. I now have a lid for my aquarium. My wife wants me to add another red line, but I am worried it will fight with the pygmy. Will these two get along?

C2B26B36-A2EF-44F1-BA6E-348D2F66B25C.jpeg
 
A red-line and/or christmas wrasse are a little big for a 34g and would out compete the Tanaka for food. Consider another wetmorella, say a yellow-banded or even a pink-streaked wrasse, both are low key and wouldn't cause any issues.
 
I like the yellow branded, but my wife doesn’t. Maybe I can talk her into pink streaked. I thought I saw one at my legs. Thanks for the reply.
A red-line and/or christmas wrasse are a little big for a 34g and would out compete the Tanaka for food. Consider another wetmorella, say a yellow-banded or even a pink-streaked wrasse, both are low key and wouldn't cause any issues.
 
I like the yellow branded, but my wife doesn’t. Maybe I can talk her into pink streaked. I thought I saw one at my legs. Thanks for the reply.
I mean lfs
 
They'd probably get along fine, but the tank is not large enough for Halichoeres wrasses.
 
Thanks for the reply. I am considering the pink streak wrasse that Minus9 suggested.
That would be a much better choice. :)
 
They'd probably get along fine, but the tank is not large enough for Halichoeres wrasses.
They'd probably get along fine, but the tank is not large enough for Halichoeres wrasses.
I am considering the pink streak wrasse that Minus9 suggested
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new