Tang aggression

Reefin' Alaska

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My buddy had a tank that split, and I had my Reefer 350 set up with a Tomini, I put a few of his fish in my RS 625XXL and this aoticulat spot face(?) tang got picked on so I moved him into my 350.

Is some aggression normal with the Tomini? He flashes his side and chases the Spot face around a bit. Doesn't look like he is trying to hurt him, more just establish a pecking order.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My buddy had a tank that split, and I had my Reefer 350 set up with a Tomini, I put a few of his fish in my RS 625XXL and this aoticulat spot face(?) tang got picked on so I moved him into my 350.

Is some aggression normal with the Tomini? He flashes his side and chases the Spot face around a bit. Doesn't look like he is trying to hurt him, more just establish a pecking order.
Do you have a photo of the Spot Face Tang? If so then the reason for more aggression than normal will most likely be shown in that.

AKL1950

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Tomini was the only tang in my 165 for about four months. Pretty much his tank. I introduced a Powder Blue, Purple and Hippo all together at one time. They were all bigger than the Tomini. He tried his best to maintain control of the tank, but finally gave up. The other tangs just ignored him. Now he follows the others around like a puppy following the big dogs. All is well with zero aggression among the four of them. Only competition is between the PB and Purple. Who can swim laps the fastest.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back