Tang behavior!

Dongta408

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 days in quarantine, my power brown tang been doing this... it normal? Planning dosing copper powder in day 3, no sign disease... just weird behavior. Please help. Thankz

ProfessorAronnax

Conscientious Marine Aquarist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need some pictures and description of said behavior. Also- tangs from the genus acanthurus are notoriously finicky fish.

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see the vid. Looks stressed out...could be his reflection or could just be still used to endless swimming space and not yet used to life in a glass box.
Any deco you can add to make it less sterile looking. Will make him feel more comfortable.

C. Eymann

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 days in quarantine, my power brown tang been doing this... it normal? Planning dosing copper powder in day 3, no sign disease... just weird behavior. Please help. Thankz

You are planning on dosing copper powder? are you going to be testing for copper to make sure you dont overshoot?
I agree with it being stressed out, also I see you have a convict tang in there as well, which is also in the acanthurus genus, seeing aggression between them a little there too, that's probably not helping either.

OP
OP
D

Dongta408

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still with that behavior... I will try put some decor, today will start dosing copper, 5-7 day ramp up with two dose a day until reached 1.75 level and using Hanna test kit to guard. I don’t see any signs of disease .... should I give a FD any way?
By the way they eat like pig, feeding twice a day. Thankz for all in put

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks stressed. Reduce the amount of light around the QT and activity around the tank for awhile.
I would add some more PVC pieces, even zip tie some together to make larger hiding places.

As others have stated, watch the copper amount.

Back