Tang discolored

ajjw0828

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank has been over run with flatworms for awhile. Finally last night started to suck them out and clean up tank in hopes of making it nice again. Went to work on it just now and noticed the fish aren’t really wanting to eat but more importantly my orange shoulder tang has this discoloration over his body. Any ideas what this is? Just started running carbon to see if that helps. Was going to start flatworm exit today but not sure if I should? Any idea on what’s going on?

5E59FA8E-2B4F-4E65-A9DC-9FF54419FEA9.jpeg 0044E260-309A-41B4-A93C-C1B0524AE9CA.jpeg

kierstin1993

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not sure if this is it but whenever I do a lot a work on my tank (like hands in a lot or moving rocks) I tend to stress my fish out and my yellow tang turns a whiteish color. I’ve also seen him turn brown after lights out.

OP
OP
ajjw0828

ajjw0828

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not sure if this is it but whenever I do a lot a work on my tank (like hands in a lot or moving rocks) I tend to stress my fish out and my yellow tang turns a whiteish color. I’ve also seen him turn brown after lights out.
That’s a good point I didn’t think about that. I’ve had that happen in the past but it seemed to be gone by the next day. I hope that’s all it is!

kierstin1993

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s a good point I didn’t think about that. I’ve had that happen in the past but it seemed to be gone by the next day. I hope that’s all it is!
It usually does disappear quickly but when I first got my purple tang she was white for almost the first week of QT. but maybe if he’s really stressed it will take a few days? Just keep an eye out. Let me know how he progresses.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back