Tang Fish Order

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So people will watch his YouTube videos:) looking through his previous threads that seems to be what he's all about. I do hope something was learned from this. And other new reefers watch it and the aftermath...
agreed. Seems only interested in promoting his YouTube channel, doesnt appear to engage in the community at all.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I feel like this is going a bit off track. I know folks here are serious about their feelings when it comes to quarantine and fish health. Let us be constructive and give the OP a chance. I may be wrong, but I would hate to think we turned someone away instead of helping them grow. Just my very humble opinion.

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think lfs get their fish from different wholesalers than online vendors? Online makes one less system for a fish to get transferred into.

Hello,

Yes, sorry I could have explained that a tad better. There is nothing wrong with online etc, but my tank is my baby, my child etc, and I’m responsible for all of it. I am too nice, and naive, (so I’m told way to often), to trust anyone with my beloved tank.

I only buy fish from one source, and that is my lfs. It’s not because they are cheaper, or more expensive, support etc, it’s I can trust them. They wouldn’t let me take a critter that would harm my tank. They know it would break my heart and crush me. So, I, me, (I guess has a phobia, which I keep my supply circle extremely small). In doing so, I have had very good results, and my tank is very healthy.

I’m probably very different then most, when it comes to my tank. When I lose something, it’s not easy on me. I don’t see it a, oh there went 90 dollars, or darn maybe I should have done (fill in the number of options here). When I lose something I see it as a failure, a failure on me for not doing my part. For not providing, the very best environment for the critter I have sought to adore every moment of their life. So, I may be unorthodox in some things, yes I’m guilty of it, but it’s because, the little lives inside my tank mean the world to me. So I guess as a parent to them, I am over protective and tend to be overly cautious.

Christopher Davis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uhhhhhhhhh what did I just watch.... :confused: hope
R2R community can help this guy... I understand people want to get into this hobby, but I feel personally like this guy just jumped in. I could be wrong. But he called multiple fish by the wrong name!!! Made me quiver! Guys please do your research on your specimens before adding to your tanks ;Wideyed

Syed123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that result was expected. Watched the first vid and I knew he would have a wipe out of the tangs. No QT of multiple tangs (especially a Clown Tang and Powder Blue) introduced to a new system has an almost 100% chance of failure. That was one expensive mistake!

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing wrong with getting fish online but you have to QT them.
You have to QT LFS fish as well. In fact, an LFS is just one more water system full of parasites they will be exposed to. Not knocking LFS at all they're great and we should support them. But, logistically, it's another shared system that is riddled with parasites. :D

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a perfect example of why I don't generally watch reef-related youtube videos: the vast majority of folks posting them don't know what they are talking about or doing! OK, if it is somebody I already know and appreciate as an expert, I may make an exception and watch their videos.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is why I don’t buy fish online, it’s just too risky.

I buy most of my fish online - but only from a small set of suppliers that I 'trust'. I also keep track of survival of all the fish that I buy and the difference between LFS bought and online bought is statistically insignificant. I also QT all fish, regardless of source. As somebody noted, LFS is getting their fish from the same set of wholesalers, but they bear the brunt of initial losses which the consumer mostly does not see. Use an online vendor with a guarantee so that you don't absorb those losses.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This feels like a ROAST

OK, but don't you think it is borderline idiotic to post an older 'my fish are here' video but fail to also confess that they 'all died' and 'I'm shutting down the tank'? Duck test!

Tmm87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, but don't you think it is borderline idiotic to post an older 'my fish are here' video but fail to also confess that they 'all died' and 'I'm shutting down the tank'? Duck test!

He's just trying to bump views on his YouTube channel. If you check his posts that's all he does. Nothing actually constructive.

raccioppi83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't even watch the video, I went straight to the comments. lol Poor people, if I could sign into my youtube account at work I would save their souls

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's just trying to bump views on his YouTube channel. If you check his posts that's all he does. Nothing actually constructive.

Right, yes, good point! I have a youtube 'channel', but only so I can easily post videos here on R2R :D

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I did not see the post of they all died.

Last edited:

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I agree that perhaps the thread is a bit perplexing, let's not attack or ridicule the op. I know that I made a myraid of mistakes, many exactly like this reefer did-- and for a good amount of time before I stopped being stubborn and quarantined, for example.. Ultimately, although I am not sure the purpose of this thread, I imagine it wasn't intended to be a "roast", quarantine vs not, and LFS versus online. I certainty didn't help with my comments, let's try to keep it constructive rather than critical and as "on topic" as possible.

Last edited:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back