Tang-less

  • Thread starter Thread starter RiverRat
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

RiverRat

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 11, 2013
Messages
272
Reaction score
4
Location
Saugus, MA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday I gave my Blue Hippo Tang away. It was a difficult decision. Six years ago I bought him, he was the size of a quarter. We went through good times and bad, sickness and health, and he was always my favorite. He would greet me every morning, follow my finger around the tank. Sometimes I would catch him staring at me from across the room, as if I were the one on display.
It was clear that he was outgrowing my display. His lack of comfort was making me uncomfortable, he had grown to six inches (probably closer to seven).
My 110 gallon tank was no longer a suitable home for the fish I loved.
Today, I woke up and there was no blue blur to greet me at the glass, it made me sadder than I could ever have imagined about a fish.
Today, my former Tang woke up in a 500 gallon tank, hopefully happy and far more comfortable than he would have been with me.

He will be the last Tang I ever own.
 
I've passed a few tangs on to bigger homes as well. Recently in the past 5 months, I've also picked up a hippo tang, who is very shy. Hopefully I will become more entertaining for it to watch!
 
I agree with mike, get another small one. If nothing else it will make your other fish think you have a shrink ray gun and they will be better behaved.
 
+1 on getting another, maybe even two.... a small Hepatus and a Yellow and a Kole..... wait.... that's three.... oh well Tangs Rule

Couldn't imagine a Reeftank without a Tang or two


Cheers, Todd
 
Thanks everyone.....
We will have to see how I feel about another Tang down the road, but right now it is a strong lean to no.

Not sure I would have to go through attachment and re-homing again...
we shall see :)
 
Thanks everyone.....
We will have to see how I feel about another Tang down the road, but right now it is a strong lean to no.

Not sure I would have to go through attachment and re-homing again...
we shall see :)
Many reefers would have just said "well, the fish is getting too big... time for an upgrade!" I hope you find another when the time comes.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new