Tang or no Additional Tang

Young@Heart

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a 180 Gallon Reef Tank. The Current Population Includes 1 Blue Hippo Tang (Dory). I will (within the next month) rehome 2 clown Fish and a small starry blennie to the 180. The other occupants a 6 line wrasse, 3 small Chromis. Is it to much to add another tang (is is to late? the Tang has been in the tank for about a year (There used to be a blond naso, but he died about 9 months ago or so.)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I agree with the above! I would buy an acclimation box first though for adding the new tang or any other fish for that matter.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of my Personal favorites include Vlamingi, Orange shoulder (female), Atlantic Blue, sailfin (Desjardini type), bristletooths ( kole tank and white tail type) and Gem.

A rabbitfish may also be a nice fit for that tank size. Nice large body size, bright color and generally peaceful disposition.

Rev above is quite right. A large acclimation box for introducing new members can save you a lot of headache as well as could save a fish's life.

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would avoid any in the genus Naso, and the two "sailfins," but most anything else would work. Any rabbit of the 'foxface' group would be great too. I would probably add 2-3 at a time.

Something like:
Purple
Tomini
Foxface

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
You should be fine, and my Blue Hepatus could not care less what new fish enters tank

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 62 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.2%
Back