Tang quarantine tank

beginnerreefer04

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this is an attached threat to a previous one. I had an ich outbreak in my tank and I’m currently in the process of moving all my fish to quarantine. Just need to get my last two tanks set up. I currently have my baby tang in a quarantine tank with a cleaner wrasse because he was about 100-1000x worse then any other fish in there. The cleaner wrasse is with him because he kept begging the wrasse to clean him off in the display tank while infected. My question is will he be ok in my 13 gallon quarantine for the whole treatment or should I move him to a 30 gallon once it’s set up.

image.jpg

OP
OP
B

beginnerreefer04

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this is an attached threat to a previous one. I had an ich outbreak in my tank and I’m currently in the process of moving all my fish to quarantine. Just need to get my last two tanks set up. I currently have my baby tang in a quarantine tank with a cleaner wrasse because he was about 100-1000x worse then any other fish in there. The cleaner wrasse is with him because he kept begging the wrasse to clean him off in the display tank while infected. My question is will he be ok in my 13 gallon quarantine for the whole treatment or should I move him to a 30 gallon once it’s set up.

image.jpg
NO TANG POLICE. He was extremely sick and leaving him in the display would have killed him quarantining is the only option and due to budget and space the 30 gallon is the biggest tank I can get. It’s either he dies in the display or is uncomfortable in a quarantine

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NO TANG POLICE. He was extremely sick and leaving him in the display would have killed him quarantining is the only option and due to budget and space the 30 gallon is the biggest tank I can get. It’s either he dies in the display or is uncomfortable in a quarantine
What kind of tang?

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If treating with meds, the rocks should be removed.

OP
OP
B

beginnerreefer04

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of tang?
He is totally ok. He has gotten over the ich still in copper. But he eating and swimming again. A little more skiddish then he was in my 90 think it’s because the tank is only 13 gallons and I can tell he is bored/ doesn’t have enough room to swim. But he’s only got to deal with it for another 6 weeks before my main tank is done fallow. Going with a raised temp of 81 to speed run fallow process

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.8%
Back