Tang stocking

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am not the most experienced. But in my tank I have together a purple tang, powder blue tang and a blonde naso tang. They all roam my tank together and eat all together also. The first two days of course the purple tang. Hassled them around Abit. But no more than two days and they where friends.
This is my experience also - as well as multiple other people who keep multiple tangs.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
"in."is an abrivation for inches... 6 foot 7 inches. Almost 7 foot!. I guess "gal." is gallons. Yes you are right. If your adding several Tangs and can afford it one will have the best chance of the least aggression if they are added all at once instead of a setting order Rule. But rules are add all the Zebras at once. Lol
Criticism accepted. whether 79 inches or 79 gallons my opinion remains the same. IMHO - keep the fish where you want - if they appear stressed out - or fighting - re-home them if you want (not you - anyone) - this idea that a 7 foot or 6 foot or 4 foot or 9 foot is 'right' - IMHO is wrong. :). that was my point - sorry I was not more clear. But - Jeff - I will also repeat what I said - to advertise you're trying to keep a tang that rapidly grows to 2+ feet seems a little much in a 79 inch tank as well. But - as we both know - it will take decades to grow that big - and likely will not either way - so probably a moot point.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back