Tang suggestions?

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your step ladder is nice. I’m sure it will come in handy but can I make a suggestion?
I would like you to have a safety lanyard in case you fall. Remember safety first

Feel better

the 125 has been up for a good 6 months now i believe. Slowly been adding things. If i do the 240, ill be moving everything over at once like a tank upgrade would be. Id love to see photos of your LT tang!!

Hello;

Let me get a picture of him quick if he will stay in one spot. He is really pretty and my stupid iPhone camera definitely doesn’t do him justice. He has some amazing personality skills that he dispalays, (.or she not sure).

0D7DDA9E-CBA2-4377-B25B-D10E96A99D74.jpeg

C783D449-2699-4028-AF4F-E68D079493B6.jpeg

33F5618E-EA77-4A3E-8F07-9650B0395693.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By the way. The way I get them to eat algae sheets is by shredding it within the tank and they'll go after it. After few times I just toss the sheet in and they just go after it.
i crumple it up and toss it through the powehead for that tank now. Thrill of the hunt!

OP
OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello;

Let me get a picture of him quick if he will stay in one spot. He is really pretty and my stupid iPhone camera definitely doesn’t do him justice. He has some amazing personality skills that he dispalays, (.or she not sure).

0D7DDA9E-CBA2-4377-B25B-D10E96A99D74.jpeg

C783D449-2699-4028-AF4F-E68D079493B6.jpeg

33F5618E-EA77-4A3E-8F07-9650B0395693.jpeg
Hes gorgeous!

OP
OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
really considering doing another atlantic blue, and a hippo of course, but for the 3rd tang i refuse to try another bristletooth, i just cant keep them alive. Any other suggestions? Somthing that will do well in the 125 until we upgrade to the 240 for the large angel.

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I would suggest sohal but they need to be last and its a 50/50 if they are nice or not. Another would be an Achilles tang but if you do a tank move, that would stress it out and he would not make it probably. Another would be maybe the powder blue or brown would be nice to add.

I suggest you find all the fish you want now, because if your like me lol I hate adding fish. All my gangs have been super healthy and fat, so I don’t stir the pot and havnt added anything. (Except a golden head goby). But I also run to uv sterilizer as well to help with diseases.

MikeyTN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Powder blue is iffy....they can be the bully of the tank and kill everyone off. Powder brown on the other hand would be a good choice. Achilles is not for a good one to choose for beginners due to their price and they need a established tank to really thrive. They're harder to keep then the other ones on the list.

KSReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2-Blue, 3-yellow,1-Kole, 1-Sohal, 1- Desjardini and a Lieutenant Tang. The Sohal is the boss. They rest worked it out and are fine. I always wanted an Achilles Tang but my LFS talked me out of it due to his/their success rate.

MikeyTN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes sohal would be the boss of the tank for sure. Someone had an Achilles tang they were selling but it was bad timing for me otherwise I would of snatch it.

OP
OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I would suggest sohal but they need to be last and its a 50/50 if they are nice or not. Another would be an Achilles tang but if you do a tank move, that would stress it out and he would not make it probably. Another would be maybe the powder blue or brown would be nice to add.

I suggest you find all the fish you want now, because if your like me lol I hate adding fish. All my gangs have been super healthy and fat, so I don’t stir the pot and havnt added anything. (Except a golden head goby). But I also run to uv sterilizer as well to help with diseases.
The next order I'll be ordering 3 to 4 tangs,aybe a replacement butterflies, then I'll wait a bit and add the juvinile large angel. I'll then let every one grow out before I buy the 240. I have a 125 gallon sump in this system already, and my stand will support a 6 foot 240 so basically I need glass and return pumps

MikeyTN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my baby naso years ago the same exact size with the one I have now which is around 3" and he lived in the 55 for about 2 years before I moved him into a 90 which he got to about 6 or 7" before I sold everything. So I had him for about 5 years. The baby blond naso at critters is the same size as the one I have.

MikeyTN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20181227_212410.jpg

Here's the blond naso I have right now in my reefer as you can see the purple right next to him.

MikeyTN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another thing is I don't know if its the reason why I hadn't had any issues but it's up to you if you want to proceed. When I added the naso he had black ich I did not see while at the store but I didn't do anything to treat it and it all disappeared after 2 days being in the tank. I didn't pay attention to the temp of my tank for awhile now and one day when I looked at the digital thermometer I realized its been running at 72 for quite sometime now as the heater is stuck at that temp so it has malfunctioned and will only heat to 72. But all the live stock had been fine with no quarantine. I have had no death, disease, nor parasite issue at this temp. Someone mentioned to me at that temp the fish tend to run more slime coating which that's their natural protection. But you can try if you want to give it a try at the lower temp. I was tempted to try on my 90 but at this moment when everyone is fine I don't want to rock the boat.

OP
OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another thing is I don't know if its the reason why I hadn't had any issues but it's up to you if you want to proceed. When I added the naso he had black ich I did not see while at the store but I didn't do anything to treat it and it all disappeared after 2 days being in the tank. I didn't pay attention to the temp of my tank for awhile now and one day when I looked at the digital thermometer I realized its been running at 72 for quite sometime now as the heater is stuck at that temp so it has malfunctioned and will only heat to 72. But all the live stock had been fine with no quarantine. I have had no death, disease, nor parasite issue at this temp. Someone mentioned to me at that temp the fish tend to run more slime coating which that's their natural protection. But you can try if you want to give it a try at the lower temp. I was tempted to try on my 90 but at this moment when everyone is fine I don't want to rock the boat.
Whatever I get will spend a at least a few weeks in qt tank for good measure.

OP
OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful! My wife isn't a fan of rimless, otherwise I'd get one when I replace my 90 reef.

Im thinking a paraguard treatment, metro and focus in the food, and a prazipro round for the tangs should cover it.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 143 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back