Tangdiver's water room...enough said.

fletcher2007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on twinspots being a awesome person to deal with i bought some things from him along time ago then alot happened i didnt pick any of it up for over a year i told him he could keep it cause it had been so long but he insisted that it was fine and he didnt mind. hopefully everything gets better for you cant wait to see your new tanks

Raggamuffin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Grant you lazy bugger post the frag sale/donation thing in December we are having for the BFH in the events area :p since it is to keep a non-profit groups donated tanks going I don't think anybody will yell to much hehehe.

OP
OP
tangdiver

tangdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well our corals came from twinspot goby and man they look great.

He came through on this deal, let me tell you. Large frags, mini colonies, and even a bonus emerald crab.....hee hee

Thank you again....this deal took place almost 2 years ago.....how many other people would have done what he did.......talk about helping a guy out.

Will post pics soon.

Smiling ear to ear,

Grant

OP
OP
tangdiver

tangdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry guys for not getting on as much as I should. Been a rough 3 years. Took tanks down this past weekend, sold one at a great price and donated the other to a local public aquarium here in Sioux Falls, SD.

Sorry kinda depressed and such, miss the tanks, corals, and such. Lost over $30,000 worth of corals if I were to sell them all off, or I spent over $10,000 and lost most all of them. Sorry for ranting and raving but kinda sad.

Today is my 3 year anniversary of my first car accident that someone hit me and because their fault changed my life completely.

still prayer and words always taken and accepted.

I am still on the right side of the sod.

Grant

OP
OP
tangdiver

tangdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thinking of posting what I have been doing with many local aquarists helping me out. We well basically built our own public aquarium. So I guess my new water room.

Any interest? Gotta let me know, cause wife types for me most of the time since I do not do as well anymore so need to see if people are interested.

Just checking.

thanks,

Grant

OP
OP
tangdiver

tangdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a teaser if you are interested....

Our dedicated staff spent countless hours planning the design of the touch pool. Unfortunately, one cannot stop by the local pet store to pick up a 2,500 gallon aquarium. We worked with a tank builder in Florida who designs and builds aquariums for Sea World. Our tank was small potatoes compared to their typical projects, which are tens of thousands of gallons in size. (Think Shamu…) Yet the company was excited to build South Dakota’s first and only touch pool. A 6 foot by 15 foot aquarium with viewing windows, this would be an amazing addition to the Purdy Marine Cove!The tank was completed in December 2011. A tricky time to move a large tank that gets more fragile with the cold! Yet Mother Nature was looking out for us with our mild winter, and the tank arrived Christmas week. Talk about one-of-a-kind Christmas gift!
Touch Tank Arrival December 28, 2011​
Weighing close to 1,000 pounds and needing to fit through a double-door entrance, we had our work cut out for us. So we rounded up the strongest guys in town, including members of the Noon Sertoma Club and the Sioux Falls Area Aquarium Society. Straps, blankets, moving carts, foam sheets and more… The tank slowly made its way into the Purdy Marine Cove, quite literally inch by inch.
Off the Truck​
Through the Front Doors​
Moving with the Straps & Blankets​
Almost There!​

Mission Accomplished! Thanks to Our Dedicated Crew!​

OP
OP
tangdiver

tangdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  • Thirteen freshwater and saltwater aquariums, ranging from 75 to 2,300 gallons in size
  • Soft corals and reef-building corals
  • Seahorses
  • Clown Fish
  • Surgeonfish
  • Tangs
  • Stingrays
  • Sharks
  • And many more!

OP
OP
tangdiver

tangdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is where everything of mine went.

Still hard not having it at home but, now many can see these cool animals.....just still hard to believe all changed with one accident.

PMC_web2.jpg

OP
OP
tangdiver

tangdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the nice comments,

Sometimes you get a lemon and you make lemonade.....sometime you get so bunged up and cannot take care of a reef at home so you and another couple guys donate tanks and equipment. then a bunch of local reefers donate livestock, and then poof you have the beginnings of a small public aquarium.

then someone donates money for a touch pool and you are on your way......

OP
OP
tangdiver

tangdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
some of the very little sps that made it out of my tank before it all died....gave way to this with mine and others equals a nice start.
423663_10150542015958600_7705681_n.jpg

Back