Tangs gone..

Parker288

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I woke up this morning before work and went in to feed the fish like every morning to find out I lost my yellow and blue tangs and my cleaner shrimp.. I was so shocked that I couldn’t figure out what went wrong but remembered the night before I dosed a little microbacter7. A lot of people I see online have said they’ll give there tank a dose once in a while to keep their bacteria up so I thought I’d do the same. Luckily I was able to get my clowns into a quarantine tank I had set up and they look much better after work. I wasn’t able to get anything else out of the tank because I was already starting to be late for work but I have a fire shrimp and a bunch of other cuc that I had to leave in the tank and they all look fine... not to mention my corals that were all opened up like it was a normal day.. obviously I’m too late to prevent this but I need help from more experienced on what I did.. I’m so bummed this happened and I want to make sure it never happens again.. thank you very much for your help

OP
OP
Parker288

Parker288

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size tank. Sounds bad.
Its a 29 gallon.. I just had the tangs in there for now.. I have a 120 I was cycling and getting ready for them but I’d like to know what I did before putting any new ones in the 120..

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%

Back