tangs in 40 Breeder temporally

Grimreefer89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im sure the tang police are on the way already. i would like to be very clear that this is NOT permanent im looking at about 6 weeks tops for them staying in the 40 breeder. i know the LFS has said it wont be a problem they are both very small (around 2 in.) its a yellow and a sailfin tang. id like to introduce them to the 210 gallon together with a another tang probably a blue tang (wife and kids want dory). ill be purchasing another 40 breeder specifically for that fish to QT (my 10 gallon qt definitely wont work) in. is this plan destined to fail? i dont see how i can possibly follow all the guidance of adding tangs together and qt them any other affordable way. as far as their forever home its a 210 gallon 7ft long tank that im just waiting to get back from being resealed. so the 6 weeks could be a lot less. ill take any constructive advice you guys haven't steered me wrong yet.

PBnJOnWheat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im sure the tang police are on the way already. i would like to be very clear that this is NOT permanent im looking at about 6 weeks tops for them staying in the 40 breeder. i know the LFS has said it wont be a problem they are both very small (around 2 in.) its a yellow and a sailfin tang. id like to introduce them to the 210 gallon together with a another tang probably a blue tang (wife and kids want dory). ill be purchasing another 40 breeder specifically for that fish to QT (my 10 gallon qt definitely wont work) in. is this plan destined to fail? i dont see how i can possibly follow all the guidance of adding tangs together and qt them any other affordable way. as far as their forever home its a 210 gallon 7ft long tank that im just waiting to get back from being resealed. so the 6 weeks could be a lot less. ill take any constructive advice you guys haven't steered me wrong yet.
Ima say this before anybody else sees this but I keep a bunch of tangs in a 6foot 125 lol but uh... anyway, I didn’t quarantine and they’ll be fine they're eating well also. I have a gem, purple, desjardini, etc etc looking at Koi and yellow when I upgrade tanks but honestly you’re fine. It’s about rock work and sleep space mainly. As well as aggression and as long as you feed them super well they will be okay. Ick is always in he water column so they will eventually catch it but as long as you power feed and they are strong they will power through always

Joshcom

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ima say this before anybody else sees this but I keep probably 12 tangs in a 6foot 125 lol but uh... anyway, I didn’t quarantine and they’ll be fine they're eating well also. I have a gem, purple, desjardini, etc etc looking at Koi and yellow when I upgrade tanks but honestly you’re fine. It’s about rock work and sleep space mainly. As well as aggression and as long as you feed them super well they will be okay. Ick is always in he water column so they will eventually catch it but as long as you power feed and they are strong they will power through always
You didn't qt a gem a freaking gem! You sir have to be either crazy or brave to risk that.

PBnJOnWheat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You didn't qt a gem a freaking gem! You sir have to be either crazy or brave to risk that.
I bought a $350 gem tang ($400 actually) but they went down to that. Came in bpretfy rough shape but I power fed him after keeping a desjardini in my tank for 5 ish weeks and they’re pretty okay now

PBnJOnWheat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A gem for 350 where and how I've only seen them in the thousands.
I really want to recommend them except I ordered $300 worth of corals and they sent them separate from my fish, and the corals got held up or something and came two days later and they all came dead and I messaged the seller and they said because I wasn’t within their 2 hour window I received nothing. They insisted I file a claim with UPS (no wonder right? FedEx gang!!) and I’m unable to file any claim with them. Sent them a message again four days ago and no response... RIP 2 bubble corals and a rock mushroom colony...

PBnJOnWheat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also my gem tang came in rough condition but with god tier skills, bringing the tang back to better health will continue to take time and consistency but was well worth it.

Joshcom

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really want to recommend them except I ordered $300 worth of corals and they sent them separate from my fish, and the corals got held up or something and came two days later and they all came dead and I messaged the seller and they said because I wasn’t within their 2 hour window I received nothing. They insisted I file a claim with UPS (no wonder right? FedEx gang!!) and I’m unable to file any claim with them. Sent them a message again four days ago and no response... RIP 2 bubble corals and a rock mushroom colony...
RIP

Roosterjack

Struttin’ and Cluckin’
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ABD203C8-C5CA-449B-9F7B-4C12622E9DEE.jpeg

landshark777

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the end its your money and your tank...you can do whatever you want with it. Your piece of the ocean.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201204-053008_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20201204-053008_Samsung Internet.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 22

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean, you can keep a baby bamboo shark in a 20g... for a while. Most fish work temporarily, so I think your tang(s) should be fine for a few weeks.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 31 26.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 22.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 24 20.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back