Tangs in Reefer 425

aaron186

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was hoping to add 2 tangs to my tank to finish my stocking. Tank is Red Sea Reefer 425 (~90 gal)

Current fish are two clowns, royal gamma, coral beauty, watchman goby, and melanarus wrasse.

Would I be able to add 2 bristle tooth variety tangs (kole/tomini/white tail) if I add them at the same time? Would it be a bad ideal to put a smaller purple in the tank as the second tang and rehome if needed?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was hoping to add 2 tangs to my tank to finish my stocking. Tank is Red Sea Reefer 425 (~90 gal)

Current fish are two clowns, royal gamma, coral beauty, watchman goby, and melanarus wrasse.

Would I be able to add 2 bristle tooth variety tangs (kole/tomini/white tail) if I add them at the same time? Would it be a bad ideal to put a smaller purple in the tank as the second tang and rehome if needed?
I’d personally stick to 1 tang only in this tank.

More than one is pushing the limits of territory and swimming space for the larger species like purples. The other thing with sticking to 1 tang is later down the line you can have more fish that grow slightly larger (Foxfaces, certain Angels, Butterflies ect).

00W

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with all of the above and I won't say a word if you don't....
One only. That coral beauty will use EVERY part of that 90. Mine's a pain so make sure those that like to swim have enough space.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 114 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back