Votes: 156 18.5%

• Total voters

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Achilles Tang is so stately and handsome. Unfortunately it’s a poor choice for most hobbyists for a myriad of reasons.

JDowns

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hybrid Powder Blue. He does nip at my JF Insane Stylo, but he gets a pass since he is constantly grazing the rocks for algae and is peaceful with everyone else in the tank.

U

User1

View Badges
Voted other but really don't have a favorite. I've enjoyed Koles. I'd like to own a Naso but my 240 I don't think is big enough at 54" wide and 30" depth. Chevron tang is pretty. I even like the Atlantic Blue. I still have no idea if I'm going to get one for my tank sadly mainly because I can't pick one...so I'm in the lame bucket today :)

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Orange Shoulders are my favorite: (this is not my image, apparently my file was too large)
Marine-Fish-for-Sale-WN01-Orange-Shoulder-Tang.JPG

U

User1

View Badges
@Js.Aqua.Project Looks like he / she brushed their shoulder up against a freshly painted wall. That or they added some stripes quickly to go racing :) Pretty never the less.

Dodgersfan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In order starting with the two I'll probably never be able to have due to tank size, then 2 more that I might someday have a big enough tank for:

Sohal
Desjardinii
Purple
Kole

azreeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was a hard question for me it was always the Purple Tang and I finally got one. Then I saw the Achilles and decided that was my favorites I got one too. Now I have 6 tangs and the Achilles is my favorite hands down he has bossed my tank around for the past 5 years. It’s daddy and everyone else in my tank.

stylaster

Reefer since '90
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love my desjardinii, model citizen and algae eating machine. He will eat any kind of algae, bubble, hair, cheato, anything. My puppy dog of the tank is my Vlamingi tang, he will let you pet him lol

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My ole Achilles will always be my favorite, RIP.

Love an Sohal, but them are some crazy buggers :confused:

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hybrid Powder Blue. He does nip at my JF Insane Stylo, but he gets a pass since he is constantly grazing the rocks for algae and is peaceful with everyone else in the tank.

Pictures!

BenitaSolo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Powder blue and ?? I have a PB/White Cheek that I have grown quite fond of. I wasn't a fan at first while it was in QT but it darkened some in the main tank and doesn't have that aggressive PB disposition. :)
I picked it up on diver den about 4 months ago.

JDowns

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pictures!

Powder blue and ?? I have a PB/White Cheek that I have grown quite fond of. I wasn't a fan at first while it was in QT but it darkened some in the main tank and doesn't have that aggressive PB disposition. :)
I picked it up on diver den about 4 months ago.

Powder Blue and White Cheek. Mine is the same way, shows no aggression at all with the rest of the tank mates. I had a Purple Tang that chased everyone in the tank, when it started eating acans and zoas that was the last straw.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 34.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back