Votes: 156 18.5%

• Total voters

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice pic of the zebra, how big? Mine's camera shy.

Setlock13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice pic of the zebra, how big? Mine's camera shy.
Thank you! He’s around 6-7 inches long. I’ve been able to train him to be hand fed. he actually picks up on what is the food container and splashes water out of the tank before I get the chance now haha

Shigshwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I second the Tomini, great for those of us with smaller tanks, although it's not the best algae eater in my experience.

RELLIK-REEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
27042ff7af19930725f27ae578942bc7.heic

My Vlamingi is my favorite but scopas and sail fin are both amazing also. I love how the scopas changes color.
Happy reefing everyone.

RELLIK-REEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think so. Vlamingi tangs apparently drasticly change appearance several times over their lifespan.

Well we call him Moby as he’s our biggest fish and he’s always at the glass following us. He is 14 inches He has been this color for some time now only changing his accent colors when I do water changes. That’s also when our scopas turns all black.

five.five-six

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well we call him Moby as he’s our biggest fish and he’s always at the glass following us. He is 14 inches He has been this color for some time now only changing his accent colors when I do water changes. That’s also when our scopas turns all black.
I have never seem our scopus turn all black.

As an aside, I had never even considered getting a scopus in 30+ years of the hobby but he was a gift, lik our Vlamingi. As it turns out, scopus is an amazing fish and would easily be our favorite if it wasnt for the Vlamingi. The Vlamingi is just OP in the awsome tang department.

BenitaSolo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Powder Blue and White Cheek. Mine is the same way, shows no aggression at all with the rest of the tank mates. I had a Purple Tang that chased everyone in the tank, when it started eating acans and zoas that was the last straw.

Great looking fish aren’t they!
You know, I can’t get mine to anything but algae/nori. Does yours eat frozen prepared foods? I’m currently feeding 3 types of nori and 2 varieties of LRS but the dang tang won’t give the meaty stuff a look.
Unless it’s grazing leftovers when I’m not looking. I will say it’s quite happy and healthy looking

JDowns

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking fish aren’t they!
You know, I can’t get mine to anything but algae/nori. Does yours eat frozen prepared foods? I’m currently feeding 3 types of nori and 2 varieties of LRS but the dang tang won’t give the meaty stuff a look.
Unless it’s grazing leftovers when I’m not looking. I will say it’s quite happy and healthy looking

Mine eats pretty much anything but really goes nuts now for the Mega Marine. Was skittish at first much like the Anthias. I feed 3 to 4 times a day either Rods Original, Spirulana Brine, or Mega Marine (normal blend). If its not Rods Food then I also mix in Oyster Eggs for the corals. The Tang along with the Anthias first started eating the Brine and now they eat anything I put in the tank. I had to ween a Scarface Blenny in my nano onto frozen with Brine. Took about a week and now he goes nuts for it. He is starting to eat Rods, but some bits he just spits right back out. Two of my smaller Anthias won't touch anything but the Brine.

I love mine also. Very peaceful and active. I think the Nori holder really keeps him busy and helps with any aggression. He has a routine all day scouring rocks for algae and eating Nori from the holder. But when I sit down in front of the tank all the fish pretty much know that its feeding time and come up to the front of the glass in a group.

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol! why what is yours, I can always change my mind ;)
Hahah no don’t do that crabs we must respect the cozmos hah. I picked the peppermint shrimp because it wiped out my aptaisa back in the day

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahah no don’t do that crabs we must respect the cozmos hah. I picked the peppermint shrimp because it wiped out my aptaisa back in the day
Good choice. I've never had one :) (aptasia or peppermint shrimp....although i'm more than confident i just jinxed myself!)

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Better make a sacrifice to the reef gods something quick hahah
Oh boy! I'm not even sure what kinds of sacrifices they accept! I'll sacrifice the aptasia if they'll take it! :)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back