Tangs

Rc1989

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Red Sea peninsula 650. It came with a scopas tang and was wondering if I could add a yellow and purple tang. If not, what tangs can I put in there.
Also current stock in
3 blue damsels
3 Tracy damsels
2 clownfish
Hector goby
Sand sifting goby
Cardinal
Scopas tang
Leopard wrasse
Thank you In advance

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a Red Sea peninsula 650. It came with a scopas tang and was wondering if I could add a yellow and purple tang. If not, what tangs can I put in there. Thank you In advance
IMHO You can add whatever you want. There are lots of examples of tangs fighting - and lots of examples of tangs getting along. I have 2 yellow and one purple tank (all about 4-5 inches) - they had a couple tussles at first - now they are all fine. I would add that the purple tang tends to be the 'bully' - and I would say add both at once - rather than one at a time. Also - of course - you will hear people say that tank is too small. You can read the multiple threads on that topic - and decide whether you want 3 tangs in that size tank. PS - how big is the scopes tang?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rc1989

Rc1989

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the reply. The scopas is about 3-4 inches. Also is it to small for the purple or yellow tang? Or both?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 19.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back