Tangs

Cool tangs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The yellow should be okay for quite a few years in that tank. Both my scopas and purple Zebrasoma havent grown all that much. The blue will eventually get too big. But small is okay. Ignore the tang police, buy small, most lfs will be happy to either buy cheap or take from you for free anyway.

Not all tangs swim all the time, mine are pretty chill if im being honest, they either swim in a school with my chromis or pick off the rocks.

There will always be some aggression just some species worse then others. You may get unlucky and get a complete jerk!

The other thjng to consider though before getting them, is not all fish are easy to catch haha. My best advise is get a trap!

These 2 should be okay but there maybe some aggression, especially at the start. A little aggression is normal in tangs, its when they deal with too much thats when they stress and die. Try to keep them well fed. I feed nori on a clip as well as frozens and pallets.

If it doesnt work out be ready to catch one before its too late!

Goodluck!

OP
OP
W

Wilsonbem

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The yellow should be okay for quite a few years in that tank. Both my scopas and purple Zebrasoma havent grown all that much. The blue will eventually get too big. But small is okay. Ignore the tang police, buy small, most lfs will be happy to either buy cheap or take from you for free anyway.

Not all tangs swim all the time, mine are pretty chill if im being honest, they either swim in a school with my chromis or pick off the rocks.

There will always be some aggression just some species worse then others. You may get unlucky and get a complete jerk!

The other thjng to consider though before getting them, is not all fish are easy to catch haha. My best advise is get a trap!

These 2 should be okay but there maybe some aggression, especially at the start. A little aggression is normal in tangs, its when they deal with too much thats when they stress and die. Try to keep them well fed. I feed nori on a clip as well as frozens and pallets.

Goodluck!
Things looking much much better, YT has made his point and now doing well together with all incumbents, bearing in mind I only got him Saturday. Refal Angel has stopped hiding so he has accepted the YT is here to stay.

OP
OP
W

Wilsonbem

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Goodluck!

OP
OP
W

Wilsonbem

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went from regal tang to angel did I miss something. Anyway an regal angel will be truly hard in that size tank the tang would be better.
I have both the Regal Tang and the Regal Angel. I know both will outgrow the tank which means moving them on but I will enjoy the time I have with them.....

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back