tangs

FAHADREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys
i am planning on getting a tang probably a blue eye kole tang but i honestly want to know whats the difference between the blue eye and the yellow eye cz all i hear about is the yellow eye tang anf also i am planning on getting a tiny blue hippo tang any tips?
thankyou

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had both the Blue Eyed and the Yellow Eyed, and they both behaved the same way. So the main difference I would say is that the price of the Yellow Eyed has skyrocketed in recent times.

OP
OP
F

FAHADREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had both the Blue Eyed and the Yellow Eyed, and they both behaved the same way. So the main difference I would say is that the price of the Yellow Eyed has skyrocketed in recent times.
nice, what about the tiny blue tang any tips on keeping one alive without it dying the first week cz ive heard stories tbh and i think i am ready since my tank has lots of alage and i am also tossing alage sinking pellets 4 times weekly and also put brown alage on a clip everyday since my emporer angelfish wont est anything except it

SeaworthyAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice, what about the tiny blue tang any tips on keeping one alive without it dying the first week cz ive heard stories tbh and i think i am ready since my tank has lots of alage and i am also tossing alage sinking pellets 4 times weekly and also put brown alage on a clip everyday since my emporer angelfish wont est anything except it
What other fish do you have in the tank? My biggest problems with small blue hippos is they are a bit timid and have issues adjusting with other larger fish and don't get the food that they need. I recommend high quality food like frozen mysis as well as a constant source of algae to get it eating as soon as possible. Get it eating and they do alright IME. You may want to consider an acclimation box if you have big/aggressive fish so you can get it eating before released into the rest of the tank.

OP
OP
F

FAHADREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i
What other fish do you have in the tank? My biggest problems with small blue hippos is they are a bit timid and have issues adjusting with other larger fish and don't get the food that they need. I recommend high quality food like frozen mysis as well as a constant source of algae to get it eating as soon as possible. Get it eating and they do alright IME. You may want to consider an acclimation box if you have big/aggressive fish so you can get it eating before released into the rest of the tank.
i dont really have aggressive tank mates i only have a small coral beauty and and a small emporer angel 3 domino damsels and

OP
OP
F

FAHADREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i

i dont really have aggressive tank mates i only have a small coral beauty and and a small emporer angel 3 domino damsels and
al
also how long can i keep a tiny blue tang in a aclimation box ? because i even thought of that but since i've heard and done millions of reasearch blue tang needs to be consistently swimming but if you know somthing about them please i am all ears and would love to know if it's possible for me to keep it in a aclimation box and for how long

SeaworthyAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
al

also how long can i keep a tiny blue tang in a aclimation box ? because i even thought of that but since i've heard and done millions of reasearch blue tang needs to be consistently swimming but if you know somthing about them please i am all ears and would love to know if it's possible for me to keep it in a aclimation box and for how long
Really just as long as you need to get it eating and somewhat adjusted to the tank, hopefully only a few days. I've kept them in boxes for about a week before, but they start to get pretty restless and I haven't tried longer than that. You can use eggcrate to build a big, long box and it helps with that but can be a bit of a pain to build and manage in the tank.

Back