Tank Advice Needed

jjrambo124

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 13, 2023
Messages
60
Reaction score
15
Location
Jacksonville
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all
So I am moving cross country and am bringing my 40 gallon FOWLR tank. I currently have 7 fish… (2 clowns, springers damsel, coral beauty, Melanurus wrasse, 2 goby).
HOWEVER, I have an opportunity to upgrade tanks to a 55 gallon. I’ve read everywhere that 40B are much better than 55, but when I compare the dimensions of these two (Topfin) tanks I’m puzzled..

40B 15w 17h 36l

55 13w 19h 48l.

Do y’all recommend switching tanks or staying with the 40B? Thank you!
 
I have both tanks and there’s pros and cons to both. I prefer the dimensions of the 40 for sure. The height is so much nicer and so is the width. Much better for lighting options too.

If I can recommend something I would go with a 60 gallon breeder instead of a 55 gallon. Awesome dimensions and increased length.
 
I have both tanks and there’s pros and cons to both. I prefer the dimensions of the 40 for sure. The height is so much nicer and so is the width. Much better for lighting options too.

If I can recommend something I would go with a 60 gallon breeder instead of a 55 gallon. Awesome dimensions and increased length.
That would be my choice also, if you can swing it a 75 would do you nicely
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 41 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new