Tank always seems hazy..

Reefin' Alaska

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I can't figure it out. IM 25 Lagoon. InTank caddy's. Floss/chemipure in one. Floss/Marine pure in the other. Eshopps Nano Skimmer (Which is really only running so I can use a C02 scrubber.) and a Chaeto Reactor. 1/2 gallon water change every day with Versa's.

I cannot get this thing to be pristine clear. It always seems to have a slight haze to it. Has 2 clowns and a Flameback Angel. Few corals which are doing well. I've never had this issue with any other tank I've had. Tank is about 3 months old.

DC Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
KZ Coral Snow does a good job of getting water clear. Also how often to you replace the chemipure? I use carbon and replace every two weeks.

OP
OP
R

Reefin' Alaska

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
KZ Coral Snow does a good job of getting water clear. Also how often to you replace the chemipure? I use carbon and replace every two weeks.

I just started using Chemipure, in the hopes it would help clear things up. Been a couple days, still seems a bit hazy.

StlSalt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a fan of UV lights too. My water was crystal clear after I installed one on my 75. It wasn't even a question when I set up my 40B, UV Light was a must. Make sure you size the light and flow from the pump to match the manufacturers specs, if you don't get the right size pump the UV light won't be very effective.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I just started using Chemipure, in the hopes it would help clear things up. Been a couple days, still seems a bit hazy.
Chemipure blue or elite a little more effective

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 82 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 13 12.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back