Tank background and floor mats

Steve1500

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you all do for your tank backgrounds? Paint the glass or tape a piece of paper/board? I don’t want to see my white walls when I look at my reef tank.

Also, any recommendations on a floor mat to go under my stand (75G tank). Rubber or flooring underlay?

Thanks In Advance!
Steve

DeepBlueSomething

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R Steve! Great community and information here!
My back glass is painted black --- but I see a ton of different backs. I prefer painting to the picture behind mainly because I have never had great luck getting / keeping the picture flush to the glass.

Not sure on the flooring cover. I had a large rubber mat under some exercise equipment and over the carpet and created some moisture issues from the foundation.

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I honestly would paint it before trying to get one of those aquarium backgrounds, somehow salt creep will get behind them eventually or they will start to peel off.

Mandelstam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could also use something like this.. http://backtonature.se/slimline-white-limestone-60b-50-x-55-cm/

@Lasse used this in his build, check out his thread. Looks amazing! https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/lasses-dream-build.246188/

upload_2017-11-22_16-25-33.png

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 92 44.2%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 96 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 20 9.6%
Back