Tank bafoonery that makes you laugh

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lavey29
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 29, 2021
Messages
15,161
Reaction score
16,360
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We all have stuff spontaneously happen in our tanks that makes us laugh like the unexpected fish nip that makes you jump or something funny that your inhabitants do.

For me, my indigo dotty back keeps his bottom caves sand spotless. He is always scooping dirty sand with his mouth and spitting it outside the cave. Whenever snails crawl in there he picks them up with his mouth and carries them outside and literally throws them a couple inches away.

Tonight a tuxedo urchin has crawled into the skeleton of a large hammer that hosts my clowns and the fish are just staring at him with this look on their faces like what the heck is going on here. Making me laugh.

So what always makes you laugh with your tank?

20240816_170334.jpg
 
My tilefish gets so excited for food when I approach the tank it starts to surface surf with its top inch completely out of the water.
Like the dog jumping in circles....lol...my fish get excited to when I take the food slot off the top.
 
That I can’t stick my hand in my tank anymore without worrying about my puffer biting me because he has poor vision and thinks everything I put in there is food.
Is he old is that why his eyesight is bad?
 
My hippo tang will go up to the surface, gulp a mouthful of air, swim back down releasing the air bubbles and all the other fish go after the bubbles thinking it’s food.
 
My eels sticking their heads out from random places or seeing them all under one rock… I never know which Im going to get when I look in my tank!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6161.jpeg
    IMG_6161.jpeg
    273.9 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_6027.jpeg
    IMG_6027.jpeg
    113.8 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_5922.jpeg
    IMG_5922.jpeg
    153.7 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_5945.jpeg
    IMG_5945.jpeg
    121.2 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_5953.jpeg
    IMG_5953.jpeg
    96.6 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_5966.jpeg
    IMG_5966.jpeg
    97.3 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_5971.jpeg
    IMG_5971.jpeg
    77.2 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_5972.jpeg
    IMG_5972.jpeg
    101.5 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_5987.jpeg
    IMG_5987.jpeg
    88.8 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_6365.jpeg
    IMG_6365.jpeg
    167.7 KB · Views: 63
My hippo tang will go up to the surface, gulp a mouthful of air, swim back down releasing the air bubbles and all the other fish go after the bubbles thinking it’s food.
Lamow

If I were a hippo tang

I would do this
 
I don't really find it funny, but my Sailfin tang picks up sand and swims over to my MP40 and spits it into the wetside to make it grind. I go and shut it off and he'll leave it alone for a while. If I put the sponge covers on, the tang will pull them off.
 
Is he old is that why his eyesight is bad?

I don’t think so. I’ve seen multiple people post that their vision isn’t that good. He has some sort of film over his eyes.
 
I don’t think so. I’ve seen multiple people post that their vision isn’t that good. He has some sort of film over his eyes.
Makes you wonder how they survive then in the fierce ocean environment with poor vision but guess they develop other senses to help them like sharks do with poor eyesight.
 
My hippo tang will go up to the surface, gulp a mouthful of air, swim back down releasing the air bubbles and all the other fish go after the bubbles thinking it’s food.
What a brat lol thats funny
 
Piggy back rides, tight rope walking and my tuxedo going around the tank informing the other members of the tank the current temperature.
C8BE5C80-7557-4CDD-88D3-30BBC743551E.jpeg
9FBD9DE6-5C76-4C47-A478-70DC1C02D3C5.jpeg
26596590-6503-40DB-B33F-2E1F0436299D.jpeg
 
I don't really find it funny, but my Sailfin tang picks up sand and swims over to my MP40 and spits it into the wetside to make it grind. I go and shut it off and he'll leave it alone for a while. If I put the sponge covers on, the tang will pull them off.
Kind of like Nemo tossing the rock into the pump to shut it off to escape to the ocean.
 
Most amusing thing I witnessed had to do with my mated pair of O. Clowns. They were in there little cave they staked out when the male decided it was time to get out for a little swim. The female said 'I don't think so!', grabbed him by the tail with her mouth and pulled him bodily back into the cave. He stayed right there.
 
This one also cracks me up. My horseshoe crab, Lady, cant get by one part of my rock structure. Takes her a minute to get around it. She does this all day long instead of going around. I mean its only a 300 gallon tank!!! Lol
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6463.jpeg
    IMG_6463.jpeg
    155.3 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_6462.jpeg
    IMG_6462.jpeg
    162.7 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_6461.jpeg
    IMG_6461.jpeg
    91.6 KB · Views: 125

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new