OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think those things taste like snot. I used to SCUBA for about 20 years here in NY and I had a lobster license so we used to dive for lobsters. You are allowed 6 lobsters a day which is 6 too many for me but my wife was in heaven. You ever get bitten by one of those? They can take your hand off and not even smile as they are doing it.

But like I said they should have Men stores. I know I mentioned it a few times in this thread but every time I go to a store I think about it.
Women stores need a lot of aisles with shelves going up to the ceiling stocked with all sorts of things of different colors most of which no one needs. Like those silly little "cozy"s" that they sell to put lemons in so when you squeeze them, the pits stay in it. I mean, really! does anyone need that. But people buy it so I guess it has a purpose. I also think my wife, and I assume all Ladies like to look through the aisles, especially if it's a clothes store.
I may buy clothes every 7 or 8 years and I still have some bell bottoms from the 70s. But they don't fit, I keep them for nostalgia.

A Mans store would have one aisle. The Man goes in (and shows his Man card at the door) then asks the person at the door where the chain saws, drills, plungers or demolition hammers are and the person at the door says something like, go down here to where the floor turns blue and they are right there. The man goes there and the price is written on the thing clearly with magic marker including the tax and anything else they want to charge you for rounded off to the nearest dollar.

The Man then grabs the thing and walks to the door where there is a bucket for you to throw in the money. The Man rounds it off to the nearest ten and walks out. Sometimes he puts in a little more and sometimes a little less as it will work out at the end of the year.
The Mans store needs very few employees except once or twice a year someone needs to walk through and sweep the floor.
No lines, no returns, no receipts and no change. If I buy something and it doesn't work, I throw it away because I know if I bring it back, I will have to wait in line and I don't do that well.

Chasmodes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lobstah is expensive down my way, so I rarely eat it. I find it quite tasty though. The last time I ate lobster was on a trip to New England years ago. I had it for dinner one nite and couldn't believe how much cheaper it was than back home. I also had a lobster sandwich at the McDonalds up there and it was delicious, for about $5 at the time... It was an entire lobster tail. I couldn't believe it. Do they still sell those sandwiches up there? Down here, they offer us fake rib sandwiches.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think this guy was about eight bucks.

Chasmodes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The price that I quoted was for 2 live lobsters from a local seafood store. It may be a little cheaper at a grocery store, but maybe $10 less. I should have said "live". Maybe that makes a difference. A bag of two frozen lobster tails is $22 in the grocery store.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I buy lobsters live but sometimes they are six bucks a pound. It depends on how many they catch. I don't like them no matter how many they catch so I don't case if they are one hundred bucks a pound. :p

Just the tails alone cost more because most of the rest of the lobster is waste.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know why anyone would pay to eat a lobster when there are crabs on the menu. So much better!

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know why anyone would eat lobster and crabs when there are clams and oysters on the menu. :D And you don't even have to cook them. I eat them right out of the sea like M&Ms :p

But I can also eat crabs. :rolleyes:

Rybren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not crazy about any of those things, but my Suzie was. We were down in Florida 25 or 30 years ago and a bar had a special on - $1.99 for a half dozen oysters and a beer. Suzie enjoyed a couple of dozen oysters and I enjoyed the beers to the point that she had to drive us back to the hotel :eek:

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have been all over that place. :D

tcarter1936

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The price that I quoted was for 2 live lobsters from a local seafood store. It may be a little cheaper at a grocery store, but maybe $10 less. I should have said "live". Maybe that makes a difference. A bag of two frozen lobster tails is $22 in the grocery store.
We get live Lobsters here,
1 to 1-1/4 lbs 7.99 lb
1-1/4 to 2 lbs 8.99 lb
2 to 4 lbs. 10.99 lb
Maine Lobsters from maine

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it's going to be hard to move all the sponges I have growing in my tank as there are more sponges than anything else. The blue one is about 18" across even though I keep trimming it and there are white sponges 8 or 9" long in the caves. I think the sponges are the best filters and I am sure all my water goes through a sponge a few times a day. My water stays crystal clear even though I add clams which are loaded with juice almost every day which is probably why the sponges grow so well.
My 4 pipefish are doing very well and the bluestripes are still spawning even though they are well past their supposed age which is only a few years old. I don't remember how old they are. My Janss and dragon face are also real good and after I move I would like to get mates for them, if they don't croak in transit that is.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, so does my mandarin, the worms are not crazy about it though :rolleyes:

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 100 75.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back