Tank birthday, 47+ years

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, you beat me to it.

Gecko goby, white tiger goby, apparently the same fish.

Do your 2 fight or even interact?

Wouldn't mind having a second or third.
Ours did the 2 second dash for a week. It wanders the tank now if I stay still in the chair, 7' away.
[emoji53]
891f2fdcb1a07c077ad1654da5b16db9.jpg

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I said, I can't see them because they live in a cave in the back of the tank and I can't see them. But they both dart out almost faster than I can see to eat but only if I shoot food near their cave so I don't know if they are doing the Hustle, the Twist, playing Parcheesi or mating.

I wish they would come out as they are beautiful

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Paul B have you ever considered starting another system, independent (bacterially) from your current tank, and replicating your results? Up to the point of adding fish with clear infection and documenting their recovery. Not that I am doubting you, but for the sake of science :)

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No TheHarold. Science is just going to have to do their own tests as I am to old, cranky and busy to start another tank. :rolleyes:

My fish have been immune for decades and they remain to be immune. I have documented many times the fish I add with parasites and have been writing about this even before computers when I wrote it in magazines. People will always doubt me and my methods but I am not here to prove anything. If anyone wants to know how to get their fish immune and not be bothered by these silly diseases, they can read what I have been writing or come to my house and see for themselves. I am tired of arguing and just happy to see my healthy, disease free fish. This week I added 4 fish, parasites and all. I love it. :D

Last edited:
OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to get another circulation pump because this tank is bigger than my last one but I don't like what I see. I really don't like Korilia's because they are really cheaply made and get covered in growth to fast. I like the Gyre's but they are all programmable and I don't want to or have no idea why you would want to program a pump. I want to plug it in and it goes on and lasts for 25 years with no maintenance so I can leave it alone and go to the Caribbean or Tahiti and not think about it. My original pumps were like that and were not made in China. I have 4 or 5 Korilias and I am tired of cleaning them. I only have 2 of my original pumps still working and I think they still sell them so I may get another but I would like more flow.

I think I will have to look into antiques some place to get what I want. :rolleyes:

This one connected to my vintage surface skimmer is probably over 30 years old and after running 24/7 all those years still works flawlessly.

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No TheHarold. Science is just going to have to do their own tests as I am to old, cranky and busy to start another tank. :rolleyes:

My fish have been immune for decades and they remain to be immune. I have documented many times the fish I add with parasites and have been writing about this even before computers when I wrote it in magazines. People will always doubt me and my methods but I am not here to prove anything. If anyone wants to know how to get their fish immune and not be bothered by these silly diseases, they can read what I have been writing or come to my house and see for themselves. I am tired of arguing and just happy to see my healthy, disease free fish. This week I added 4 fish, parasites and all. I love it. :D
More or less the same here Paul. I get fed up with the doubters but I shouldn't really as most have been indoctrinate with the "must dos" churned out time and time again. If I post about my methods Usually when asked to explain something or in response to a question I tend to get ignored these days. I would like to get tbe odd your wrong comnent or am an idiot etc but I don't even get them anymore. I used to get things like yeah OK well lets see pic's of your tank then. I would post my tank pic's and that would kill the discussion with me for some reason, I will leave you to guess why. All I will add is the people who know all, have ologies etc have a lot to answer for in this hobby.

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to get another circulation pump because this tank is bigger than my last one but I don't like what I see. I really don't like Korilia's because they are really cheaply made and get covered in growth to fast. I like the Gyre's but they are all programmable and I don't want to or have no idea why you would want to program a pump. I want to plug it in and it goes on and lasts for 25 years with no maintenance so I can leave it alone and go to the Caribbean or Tahiti and not think about it. My original pumps were like that and were not made in China. I have 4 or 5 Korilias and I am tired of cleaning them. I only have 2 of my original pumps still working and I think they still sell them so I may get another but I would like more flow.

I think I will have to look into antiques some place to get what I want. :rolleyes:

This one connected to my vintage surface skimmer is probably over 30 years old and after running 24/7 all those years still works flawlessly.

An old Hagen Aquaclear Paul.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An old Hagen Aquaclear Paul.

I will look into it. I miss the days when everything in America was made in America and the stuff made in China was used in China. When pumps were built like battleships out of cast iron, wood and cement. When Men were not Snowflakes and women appreciated it when real men opened doors for them and gave them a seat in a subway. Of course if you live in Bangladesh, it is hard to find a subway so men there give women scooter bleenies or pressure cookers.
I appreciate the stuff from China is decent and very cheap, but I am not looking for decent and cheap. I don't care what it costs because a good pump will live longer than I will and I have a box of Chinese pumps that are no longer in fixable condition. Every time I do or build something I make it to last forever.
My fish live forever because I figured out the secret, living a few months or getting a silly disease is not an option and my fish know that.
I still have American tools in my workshop that were my Dad's and he died over 60 years ago. They will never break.

Last week I bought a stud finder in Home Depot. No, it doesn't point to me. :rolleyes: But you know what else it doesn't point to? Studs. It beeps, lights up, shakes and kills the batteries but it can't find a stud. My old one croaked after many years and many times dropping it off an 8' ladder, this one didn't work out of the package.
AS you know, I also like to rant but I just baked a beautiful batch of blueberry, banana muffins and my Supermodel wife is getting up so we can eat.
(yes Real Men can bake, we can do a lot of things because we are not snowflakes) :D

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will look into it. I miss the days when everything in America was made in America and the stuff made in China was used in China. When pumps were built like battleships out of cast iron, wood and cement. When Men were not Snowflakes and women appreciated it when real men opened doors for them and gave them a seat in a subway. Of course if you live in Bangladesh, it is hard to find a subway so men there give women scooter bleenies or pressure cookers.
I appreciate the stuff from China is decent and very cheap, but I am not looking for decent and cheap. I don't care what it costs because a good pump will live longer than I will and I have a box of Chinese pumps that are no longer in fixable condition. Every time I do or build something I make it to last forever.
My fish live forever because I figured out the secret, living a few months or getting a silly disease is not an option and my fish know that.
I still have American tools in my workshop that were my Dad's and he died over 60 years ago. They will never break.

Last week I bought a stud finder in Home Depot. No, it doesn't point to me. :rolleyes: But you know what else it doesn't point to? Studs. It beeps, lights up, shakes and kills the batteries but it can't find a stud. My old one croaked after many years and many times dropping it off an 8' ladder, this one didn't work out of the package.
AS you know, I also like to rant but I just baked a beautiful batch of blueberry, banana muffins and my Supermodel wife is getting up so we can eat.
(yes Real Men can bake, we can do a lot of things because we are not snowflakes) :D
Another good thing about the old American made stuff, you could often fix it if it did break. Remember when you could fix your own TV sets? Open up the back, pull your vacuum tubes and head down to the local convenience store and use their tube tester yourself to locate the bad tube. Buy a replacement, plug it in and be back watching TV in a couple hours. And cars - when you didn't need a computer to tell you what was wrong or to marry new components to the main brain, so it would be "recognized." Some cars you can't even put a mirror on nowadays, without programming the darned computer.

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another good thing about the old American made stuff, you could often fix it if it did break. Remember when you could fix your own TV sets? Open up the back, pull your vacuum tubes and head down to the local convenience store and use their tube tester yourself to locate the bad tube. Buy a replacement, plug it in and be back watching TV in a couple hours. And cars - when you didn't need a computer to tell you what was wrong or to marry new components to the main brain, so it would be "recognized." Some cars you can't even put a mirror on nowadays, without programming the darned computer.

My partner had to have a new battery on her car. No problem .....errrr well yes it is as you need to use a OBG or whatever it's called to go into the computers brain or you created major issues. Whats that about when you can do a simple 10 min battery replacement, what next getting into the computer to change a wheel :confused:

Todvod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Bananas and blueberries were made for each other! My supermodel wife puts them in a smoothie for breakfast every morning.

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Last week I bought a stud finder in Home Depot. No, it doesn't point to me. [emoji57] But you know what else it doesn't point to? Studs. It beeps, lights up, shakes and kills the batteries but it can't find a stud. My old one croaked after many years and many times dropping it off an 8' ladder, this one didn't work out of the package.
(yes Real Men can bake, we can do a lot of things because we are not snowflakes) [emoji1]

And now our military are getting some of there optics from Sig Sauer witch are all from over seas.
What ever happened to Berry Amendment compliance?
Everything must and should be proudly made in USA.

Todvod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Paul,
I know you’ve stated that following your methods is not for those new to the hobby. But I like it and would like to work toward that direction. The “QT everything wet” is not for me. I do have a QT for observation, and currently have a Midas Blenny in there. Been there 2.5 weeks. My DT has been up and running 4.5 months and I currently have a mated pair of captive bred clowns. Both tanks are fed black worms 2x daily and frozen food(LRS, Rods and mysis) 2x daily. I’m ready to add the blenny but also concerned as the clowns have 0 immunity. Do have any advise for how I should proceed? Thanks!!!

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fin, yes I remember that. So far no one has ever touched my car, boat, house or refrigerator. I never hire anyone and never will but computers in cars is a horror. My two cars are supposed to do everything and make breakfast for you. You can talk to it to change the radio station, tell how much air is in the tires or predict the next election winner. I don't know how to use any of those functions so even though I paid for them, they are a waste. The lights on my tank are programable, I bought them, they lit up and I never touched them again. Programmable lights are stupid. My fish live forever so apparently they don't care about dimming lights. I am sure if I programmed them, I could not get them to light. The thermostat in my home is programmable. I hit heat or cool and that's it, I won't even try to figure out how to program it because it wouldn't work.

I just spent a week trying to get a drug approval for my wife who has MS. To use the "Simple, Government website" you have to be Houdini and he is dead. I finally got someone on the phone after waiting an hour on hold and he said no one can figure it out. Like Duh. That is because they hire young college graduates to make these sites. They should use old, retired construction workers.

The site should go something like this:
Name, Are you a Snowflake, Sissy or Girly Man? Do you live in America? What medication do you want?
Then it can show you two boxes, one with a picture of Christie Brinkley and one with a picture of a Duck Billed Platypus. It says: Which box has the Supermodel in it?

OK, you are approved and your medication will be in the mail in 5 minutes with a thank you note from Christie.

But the real Govt site asks you things like: Go and find form 314.748-110/A from 1983. Look on line 37 and add that amount to the number on line 15, then deduct 6 and put that number here on this line backwards. Add the address your parents lived at near the end of WW2 and the maiden name of your second cousin three times removed.
Answer 3 of these questions.
1-What is the name of your favorite teachers pet turtle
2- What year did Ford make Edsel.
3-

OK that's it. Your application will be considered 15 days after Easter.

No really. When my Mother N Law went in to a nursing home we contacted the Govt. because her husband was a wounded Veteran and she was entitled to a certain benefit. The Govt. sent back a letter saying we will hear from them in 14 months to see if she was entitled to this benefit.
14 months to tell you if you can even apply. I mean, like REALLY! Is it me?

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 11 18.0%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 39 63.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back