OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG you were really technical. I thought you Limes didn't use gallons! I thought you used something like flasks of Grog or cups of tea.

Very cool descriptions compared to mine. I wrote things like "I got a cool fish and it is living a lot". Or "I got a red fish and I need a blue fish" :rolleyes:

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That urchin is probably 8 or 9 years old but I lost his birth certificate but he could have been born under a pyramid. Those things never die

Probably knocked the pyramid over on his way out.

fishybizzness

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Has the urchin ever caused any trouble with the corals? I have 2 rock boring urchins and was contemplating whether to keep them or not as I'm starting to get some corals.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fishy, I have had long spined urchins in there almost as long as the tank is up and so far I have never seen any problems.
He was tiny like a nickel when I got him. Or her

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG you were really technical. I thought you Limes didn't use gallons! I thought you used something like flasks of Grog or cups of tea.

Very cool descriptions compared to mine. I wrote things like "I got a cool fish and it is living a lot". Or "I got a red fish and I need a blue fish" :rolleyes:

Due to the EU (of which we voted to leave the corrupt *&^%$£ and some are trying to keep us chained to:mad:) we changed to liters but many of us are old school still so feet inches gallons pounds, groats, farthings, hectors, yards etc etc are still with us although dwindling as we die off. Plus this was 1989 before many on here were corrupted, I mean born :rolleyes:

fishybizzness

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The 2 rock boring urchins I have came in on the live rock. They were smaller than a pinkie nail. I may get longspines instead because the rock borers are real bulldozers. I'm always afraid that they will knock over some of the rockwork into the glass..

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long spines are very cool animals , mine never bothered a thing except a couple of my finger tips "once" mowed thru algae like a lawn mower right down to the rock.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This week I added a purple dottyback, Coral croucher gobi, queen anthius, yellow wrasse and female mandarin. I only want one more fish, a dragon faced pipefish then my tank will be at capacity. It's actually over capacity now but almost all my fish are very small and that yellow wrasse will probably jump out as they normally do. :confused:

I think now I have, besides those fish:
Copperband
2 fireclowns
mandarin
2 Gecko Gobies
2 bluestripe pipefish (they had babies two days ago)
Janss pipefish
perchlet
2 unknown red fish
algae bleeny
some other kind of bleeny
2 queen anthius
scooter bleeny
possum wrasse
watchman gobi

I think that's it but I probably forgot one or two because the majority of my fish are hiders and I almost never see them. People that want their fish to be seen get tangs, angels and manta rays. My tank is not meant to be a thing of beauty, it is an experiment to see how healthy and how long I can keep a particular fish. I can't remember the last time I lost a fish to disease but it was probably in the 80s.
Every one of my fish was put into my tank with no quarantine and no observation tank. Every one of them ate right away. The ones that I can see anyway.
In a natural tank where the fish are not quarantined, fed correctly and are immune
feel at home and don't have any problems. They are also not Sissy fish or Snowflakes that have to be coddled. A natural, not very sterile tank fed food with bacteria in it make the fish bulletproof. I have shot some of them with a 45 and it just wounded them. :rolleyes:

This is my wifes computer and I can't put up pictures. My computer crashed and I have another one in a box sitting on the counter. I brought it to the Geek Squad and they said I needed to make an appointment. I am not good with appointments so I just bought another one. Computers are very cheap now and they give you one free if you buy a box of pretzels. I remember when computers were as big as a school bus and made of wood and you had to mortgage your home to get one, and all they did was add and subtract. :rolleyes:
If you got a really expensive one there would be a picture of Myley Cyrus wearing her Mickey Mouse Ears. She was in the Mickey Mouse Club then.:cool:

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 101 43.7%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 108 46.8%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 22 9.5%
Back