• For a Limited Time the R2R Partner Membership is NOW OPEN! Get some cool swag and chances to win part of over $20,000 in prizes! Click here for more details

Tank birthday, 47+ years

OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Yes, it's mine. I patented it. But like Atoll said, I gave the company away and I just get royalties as I don't want a company.

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Paul.designed and made it then passed it onto a company to make and market it as I recall. I am sure @paul will be along to tell you more soon.
Yes, it's mine. I patented it. But like Atoll said, I gave the company away and I just get royalties as I don't want a company.
I thought so. Our local club has one to use by members and I used today. Melted aptasia for a little bit with the kids! Prolly going to gets lots of little ones now! :)

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I thought so. Our local club has one to use by members and I used today. Melted aptasia for a little bit with the kids! Prolly going to gets lots of little ones now! :)
I have a copperband that keeps Apts at bay. Not sure how it does it as I am pretty certain it not made of copper to kill them. Very strange.

OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Today we are invited to a Lunch/dinner party in a winery out in the vineyards. This should be fun as it is a beautiful day.
It is not to hot, like 78 but they will probably have some sort of covering or tent, I would imagine.
I would also imagine, plenty of wine.

We have 59 wineries here on 3,000 acres and this one is one of the smallest. But it should be a great afternoon.

th.jpg

1-20.jpg

th.jpg

Rybren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Sounds like fun. We had temperatures in the high 90s with humidex numbers over 100 a couple of days ago. It is currently 46 degrees. I prefer the cooler temps.

OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rybren, I didn't think it got that hot in Canada. I just figured it snowed all year. :)

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Better than what I have just finished doing mowing the lawns etc. I nice cool glass of wine would do nicely.

Corals.com
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
I don't mow grass any more. We downsized to a condo and they do all of that while I sip wine and watch them. :)

OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Yes, they are building 24 across the grass about 200 yards away.

OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rush
th.jpg
hour here in New York City.
We get "crowds " like you here at 3:00am :p

2,000,000 people ride our subway every day

But we don't get to ice skate to work

OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Yesterday I noticed my front tooth was loose. About 10 years ago I asked my wife to "hand" me the TV remote and she must have thought I said to "Throw it at me" which she did and it broke my front tooth.

I got the thing fixed and of course they had to put a post in. Probably with a toggle bolt.

Anyway, it is now loose so I went to the dentist and he "glued" it back in. (This was hard to do with my Corona virus face mask on) I think I saw him use one of those tubes of Coralife coral epoxies along with Crazy Glue :rolleyes:

Whatever he did he said it is temporary and won't last. Of course not. So I need an implant.

I already have 9 of them so If I could stand my screaming, I could probably do it myself even though my "DeWalt" drill may be a little to big.
The implant is "only" the price of 70 copperband butterflies or $5,000.00.

I have insurance for most of it so I will still be able to get maybe fifty copperband butterflies. :p

The bad part is I may have to walk around without a front tooth for 3 months. And if I schedule it the same time as my knee surgery, all I need is a fife, drum and flag and I can look like those guys at the end of the Revolutionary war. (Or was it the Civil War?) I get my wars mixed up. :)

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Been very pleased with the progress of my copperband since I got it. Was a bit worrying at first getting it to eat but it's fine now, even cleared any Apts I had in my tank. IMO certainly one of the best VFM fish you can buy.
Just taken these pics of it feeding from my mussel shell feeder and flanked by my 2 cleaner wrasse outriders.
20200619_212143.jpg

What is a good measure of success in this hobby? Choose all that apply!

• Tank Grown Coral Colonies

Votes: 150 74.3%
  • Colorful Corals

Votes: 119 58.9%
  • In Tank Coral Reproducing

Votes: 99 49.0%
  • Coraline Algae

Votes: 93 46.0%
  • Established Tank Time

Votes: 70 34.7%
  • Healthy Fish

Votes: 138 68.3%