Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh great. The Classics. :eek:

I wonder how many people read this very important thread besides you two guys o_O

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paul looking to get a couple of you long bulb coral feeding basters Where online can one pick one up?[emoji3]

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefwiser, Marine Depot sells them. They are called Coral Feeders.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes that's it. The curved end is about 20 degrees so the picture doesn't show it correctly.

Sometimes you just can't win.

bbearden101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome video I love seeing nature do its thing, and I'm always jealous when I see your tank threads hopefully I can keep mine up and running happy as long as you have. Thank you for always sharing paul

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you bbearden, I wasn't sure anyone except two people read this stuff. It's good to know.
Take care,
Paul

Freakyyfort

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gonna start from the beginning of this and your others. Read couple pages back about live worms. Being a fisherman I have worms in the fridge at alleast times actually the brine shrimp container is sitting on top of the worm container. Didn't put the two together as everyone preaches on clean and healthy blah bs. I'm new to the hobby few months in 75 cycling as if last night. 20 in the bedroom up and running. :)

Freakyyfort

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like that. I am told over and over no that's not gonna gonna work. I like diy projects so I find a lot of your things amazing.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Freakyyfort. I find Supermodels amazing. :D
That's why I wrote a book, to put all that DIY stuff in one place. :p

It seems that my clownfish spawn almost exactly every 30 days that I notice. They may spawn twice as much as that but I don't notice. The bluestripe pipefish are harder to tell because the male always seems to be pregnant. The mandarins sometimes go through spawning every couple of weeks to a month or more. It is very hard to tell because those, and most fish spawn just before the lights go out. Bangai cardinals need a lot of food to spawn and it is hard to feed them enough in a mixed reef tank. Them, like Moorish Idols lose length on their dorsal fin when they don't eat enough and they will stop spawning. The two adults I have can probably eat more by themselves than all 20 of the rest of my fish with the copperband being second. If I fed them as much as I really should, they would spawn every couple of weeks like they are supposed to but I just can't put that much food in the tank every day or I would be changing the water twice a day. Feeding correctly is always hard in a tank full of corals. My nitrates are already way to high but I really want all my fish to spawn so my SPS will just have to get over it. This has always been a problem and as you know, fish grow. And sometimes they grow much larger than we would like. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of course, it has been out for months. :D
Actually they should be spawning, like this.

Freakyyfort

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice I'll have to look at it as I mentioned before I haven't read all the posts so I'm still looking for a name of it haha. And that's a good pic

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 57 31.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 48 26.4%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 37 20.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 38 20.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back