Tank birthday, 47+ years

Evan West

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow this thread is just amazing! 40+ years is older than me and even as old as my father lol!

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That makes me feel very old. :eek:

Evan West

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That makes me feel very old. :eek:

Haha I suppose that would, take note tho that my dad had me when we was 23 so relatively young. The way I see it tho is if your still enjoying life then who cares (ironic coming from a 20 year old). Your grand kids (if you have any) have a pretty kick butt grandfather too boot.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love this red seaweed. I can collect it fairly easily here in New York when it is dead low tide and I anchor near shore. To bad it doesn't last too long.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just acquired a couple of large pieces of rock from the sea in the tropics. Here are the pieces.

That piece is very large and heavy so to fit it in I had to move some pieces and remove some. I am keeping those pieces) One large rock I put on top of a big sponge that has been growing for many years and takes up about 18" on the left side of my tank. I am not sure what will happen to that sponge under the rock but I can't move it as it grows on the rock. I removed this piece of rock, and some smaller ones (below) from my reef and if anyone wants it, you can have it as I have no room for it and a few smaller pieces that I have in salt water.

I also want to give away some of that sponge as it has grown to large. Here it is when it was small.

If anyone wants this stuff, let me know. But you would have to pick it up in New Hyde Park New York which is exit 34 on the expressway.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, I have too much money already. But someone says they want it, I think, and they will call me in 10 minutes.
You can drive here. Just go east and bear right at the Statue of Liberty.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A friend of mine gave me some large rocks he "acquired" in the tropics for me to put in my tank. So I did. But to fit them in I had to remove some pieces that I am giving away. My clingfish used to hide behind that rock and now I can't find him. I used to target feed him every day and I am sure as soon as he gets hungry, he will stick his head out from wherever he is hiding. Everyone else is doing great but my bangai cardinals are beginning to show their age. They are very large and just starting to show some beginnings of cataracts. That happens often on fish with large eyes in a brightly lit reef tank especially when they get old. The female slowed down a lot and hides most of the time. She eats well but I have to shoot the food into her cave. The male still comes out for food. I am not sure how long bangai cardinals live so she may make another five years or more. I really can't remember how many years I have kept them in the past.

Clingfish

Here they are much younger.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank seems to be doing great, no problems that I can tell. I recently "spoke" to Albert Thiel who informed me that bangai cardinals in the sea only live 2 or 3 years old. (which seems pretty short for a fish that size) Mine are older than that and one seems to be getting cataracts so I don't feel to bad. I love it when fish live to their assumed life span. My pair are still fine but I can see they are slowing down and I have to wake them up sometimes to eat.
I have never dove in the sea with Bangai Cardinals and it is one of my diving regrets because I doubt I will get the opportunity to do that in the future.

BoneXriffic

GO BLUE!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank seems to be doing great, no problems that I can tell. I recently "spoke" to Albert Thiel who informed me that bangai cardinals in the sea only live 2 or 3 years old. (which seems pretty short for a fish that size) Mine are older than that and one seems to be getting cataracts so I don't feel to bad. I love it when fish live to their assumed life span. My pair are still fine but I can see they are slowing down and I have to wake them up sometimes to eat.
I have never dove in the sea with Bangai Cardinals and it is one of my diving regrets because I doubt I will get the opportunity to do that in the future.

How long have you had them? I may have missed this answer in a previous post. Wish i could see this system in person!

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't remember, maybe 3 years. Not very long but I got them as babies

What Rim on a Tank Suits You? (Choose All That Apply)

• Rimless

Votes: 28 49.1%
  • Full frame

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • Euro Brace

Votes: 22 38.6%
  • All of the above

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • Other (Please explain)

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back