OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just jerking around with my water cooled LED lighting system and noticed that my empty reactor is still filled with baby shrimp. They grew a little and I am surprised they are still in there because the water goes into the bottom and out through the top so if they are day dreaming, they will be carried into the skimmer where they will have a nice sauna due to my ozonizor then, if they live through that, into my tank.
I also think my male bangai cardinal is near the end of his life. I know I said that last year but he is way past his normal life span and although looks like the picture of health, he is dying of old age and barely eats. Their lifespan in the sea is only 3 years and I have him longer than that. I thought I would have lost him months ago but he is still hanging in there.
When a fish dies of old age they act somewhat like we do. He slowed down and just hangs around his usual haunts starring at me thinking over his life, what he accomplished and what legacy he will leave behind. He lost most interest in food and I think he is too lazy to eat. We do the same thing as we age and I saw my own Mother, Mother N Law and last week ,my best friends Mom do the same thing just before they died.
Their body lost the capacity to digest food so even if I wanted to stupidly force feed him, it would do no good. Fish that are dying of old age also show no disease symptoms. Eventually he will start to go blind then other fish may pick on him. At that point, if I can grab him, I will euthanize him. No I won't hit him over the head with a hammer or lay him in the street until a school bus runs him over. Instead I will put him in salt water in the freezer where he will slow down until his heart stops. Cold blooded creatures all slow down when chilled. Turtles, lizzards, snakes, bears and Paris Hilton all slow down. (Yes I know bears are not cold blooded and I knew you would correct me.)

No need to feel bad for the fish as he lived a full and happy life. He also spawned many times. Even though he looks perfect, I give him another week. I could be wrong but that is my guess.

I am not sure if Mermaids are cold blooded. Maybe only the lower half of them

wowkingjames

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulation on 46 years. May I ask how do you know about Paris Hilton? Amuse me with this story...lol ;)
Oh by the way my purple tang is probably 21 years old.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulation on 46 years. May I ask how do you know about Paris Hilton? Amuse me with this story...lol ;)
Oh by the way my purple tang is probably 21 years old.

I met Paris when I got my fire clown, they are both 25 years old. Actually Paris Hilton bought me that fish. OK maybe she didn't, I think it was Claudia Schiffer. Or maybe not. I have no idea.
Party time. :D

Wowkingjames, now that your purple tang is 21, she can legally drink so if you want to dose Vodka, go ahead. :rolleyes:
That's an old tang.
I don't remember meeting Paris Hilton but I do remember meeting another singer, not that Miss Hilton can sing. I can't even remember her name but it will come to me. Anyway in the 70s (I think) I was re building the New York Playboy Club and this singer was rehearsing while I was working in one of the show rooms. She was kind of famous. I was an electrician.
The place was not open yet so it was just me and her in the night club room. She was holding one of these little sissy Foo Foo dogs. She stops singing and comes over to me and says hold FiFi, FooFoo, Fido or whatever it's name was and hands me the leash.
I don't have a dog, I never had a dog and I certainly am no dog sitter so I took the leash and put it around one of the chairs that were on top of a table and I continued working. The pooch jumped and the chair fell off the table, "FiFi" got scared and ran away causing this "Star" to run after me screaming. I don't remember what I said to her but it probably wasn't Happy Birthday.
Lanie Cazan. I think that was her name although I am sure I spelled it wrong.

Last edited:

Rybren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this the song she was singing?

:)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe, looks like her. I wasn't listening, the dog kept barking :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess you meet the real crazies at playboy clubs.

Actually I did the Playboy Club, Penthouse Magazine and Hustler, that's where the crazy's are. I would have worked at Playboy and Penthouse for free but they insisted on paying me. A lot of great memories there.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lost a couple of heads on my frogspawn. The thing is kind of old but I forget how old. It grew from a little frag to about 10" across. The rest of it looks fine but it must be missing something or there is too much of something. It's not a big deal as all the other corals look good. I have been very pre occupied lately because my wife who has MS is going for an experimental stem cell treatment very soon and I am very worried about her. We have been married (I think) for 43 years. I picked a good one and my wife and I are still best friends and we still hang out together. Of course I have my hobbies and she has hers but we both like a lot of the same things like boating and traveling. She has been going to the gym 4 times a week since we were married which is a good thing, especially when you have MS.
We are doing all the pre treatment stuff now like MRIs, blood work, cardiograms etc.
Here she is in the cabin of our boat with one of our Supermodel friends. (my wife is on the right) I actually know her longer than I know my wife and I met my wife when she was 12. I am 6 years older than her and I was going out with her older cousin who was my age. We were wedding partners at a friends wedding. I knew my wife's entire family before I started going out with her because of her cousin.
Here is an odd thing. My wife's Dad had a butcher shop on Northern Blvd in Queens NY and my Dad had a fish market two blocks away on the same street. Her Dad died suddenly in work of a massive heart attack at age 47.
My Dad also died suddenly at work of a massive heart attack at the same age of 47. Neither of them ever had any symptoms or signs of heart disease. When I started dating my wife we decided to go and visit the graves of our Dads. Her Dad is buried "exactly" opposite of my Dad in the same very large cemetery and they died ten years apart. My wife's maiden name and her married name are facing each other. How weird is that?

Maacc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My and my family's prayers and thoughts are with you and your wife. Hope all goes well, currently trying to help my father through ALS.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys, we will see

beaslbob

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hopes and prayers to you and family.

BTW why the emphasis on super models when you married one already?

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 101 75.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.2%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back