Tank Build Post

arrik22

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 3, 2025
Messages
3
Reaction score
1
Location
Texas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got a 3 month old reef tank, after owning a freshwater for 5 years. It’s a Tideline 47G AIO. In the back from left to right, I’ve got a sock filter, the heater, the pump, a DIY refugium using an Innovative Marine Chaeto light (photo included), and an Icecap AIO 240 protein skimmer. My light is a Fluval Sea Marine 3.0.

No corals yet but soon…

IMG_0571.jpeg IMG_0524.png
 
What corals are you hoping to put in there?
 
I've watched and read hours of content and more or less settled on a short list of beginner corals:
- zoanthids
- sinularia leather
- toadstool
- xenia
- green star polyps
- euphylia
- mushrooms
- bubble
 
I’ve got a 3 month old reef tank, after owning a freshwater for 5 years. It’s a Tideline 47G AIO. In the back from left to right, I’ve got a sock filter, the heater, the pump, a DIY refugium using an Innovative Marine Chaeto light (photo included), and an Icecap AIO 240 protein skimmer. My light is a Fluval Sea Marine 3.0.

No corals yet but soon…

IMG_0571.jpeg IMG_0524.png
Very nice set up! It looks like you did your research and took your time with the items you selected.
 
I've watched and read hours of content and more or less settled on a short list of beginner corals:
- zoanthids
- sinularia leather
- toadstool
- xenia
- green star polyps
- euphylia
- mushrooms
- bubble
Nice stock list!
I'd rethink the xenia. If you are able to isolate it to a rock, I say go for it if you like it. If not, it will slowly take over what you have it placed on. Similar to GSP.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new