Tank Cycle

tech_reefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 24, 2019
Messages
215
Reaction score
73
Location
LA
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I want to setup a small frag tank. I have cycled media from my bigger tank. Do I still need to wait the full month to cycle the tank? Or can I keep seeding the frag tank with Microbactor 7? I’m not putting any fish immediately, only soft corals for now until more bacteria grow?
 
So I want to setup a small frag tank. I have cycled media from my bigger tank. Do I still need to wait the full month to cycle the tank? Or can I keep seeding the frag tank with Microbactor 7? I’m not putting any fish immediately, only soft corals for now until more bacteria grow?
Some people argue that a tank needs to mature a little bit before you add coral regardless of whether the cycle is complete. For me personally, filter media should instantly cycle a tank; especially when it’s coming from a bigger tank. I would say you should be fine to start.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new